• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Commencal meta V4 owners help please
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

Just ordered a 2016 V4 frame only and I’m in the process of choosing a shock. Just wondering if the bushes and hardware will come in the frame or I will need to purchase seperately? Also what is the best shock tune?

cheers In advance.

barffy
    Free Member

Immediate thoughts were “You’re best off speaking to Commencal”. Then I realised it’s Commencal so you’re probably best off speaking to STW! Customer service ain’t great.

I can’t imagine the mounting hardware will come with the frame as they are specific to each brand/model of shock. Best people to talk to are TF/Mojo/Loco as they will sort you out a shock with a tune tailored to your bike, weight and riding style. As soon as you get it heli-tape the hell out of the rear end as your feet will take the paint off in no time. It’s really wide.

warpcow
    Free Member

I can only say that there was no hardware included with my V3 frame. And remember to check whether they’re sold seperately or in pairs before you go and order any!!

blairc70
    Free Member

See below from commencal, I got mine for a rockshock from TF tuned

“For your Meta am V4 frame, you will need bushing in 22,2x10mm and 14x10mm.

About the tune of the shock, for a V4, it’s :

M : compression
    L : detente

Best regards,
    Jérôme.”

Bagstard
    Free Member

That’s brilliant, thanks everyone.

ryderredman
    Free Member

I don’t understand why they’re so bad. It’s easily solved. I only think it’s a language barrier. Solution: have them continue to deal with most of Europe, but have the US deal with us/anyone who’s first language is English.

hora
    Free Member

Evenin. All hardwear comes with the chosen shock. Enjoy, I know I enjoy my V4 8)

BTW phone them- they answer instantly and in few, quick and accurate words.

No ‘could you explain that carefully and fully sir’

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Commencal meta V4 owners help please’ is closed to new replies.