Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Commencal meta v4 am owners. A question for you.
  • samcamsdad

Has anyone tried fitting a 180 rotor with hope brakes?
    I’m trying to fit a 180 mm rotor on the back of my v4. Its a hope floating rotor with hope tech m4 calipers. I have the hope brake adapter L, which I am sure is the right one, but the calliper is tight against the inside of the chain stay, and rubbing on the rotor. It’s only just rubbing a tiny amount but enough to stop the wheel spinning after a couple of revolutions. Any one any experience of this or ideas for a solution? Cheers

blairc70
    Free Member

I could not find a way to get it to fit, tried chopping up adaptors / washer / shims all sorts, ended up putting a 203 on with a front fork mount and it works a treat.

samcamsdad

Just nicked the 200 rotor of my DH bike to try, and it’s close with the L mount. Thinking a 203 may be just right.can you remember what mount you used blairc70?

blairc70
    Free Member

Hope type C, it moves the calliper so it fits in between the V of the frame, could email you a photo if needed. The C machined in the mount faces outwards.

samcamsdad

Cheers bud I’ll have look for a C mount.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Commencal meta v4 am owners. A question for you.’ is closed to new replies.