Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Commencal meta trial 2015
  • jonnyrockymountain

Was looking at these today (frame only) 120mm travel 650b full suss, and thought sounds just right, so I email commensalism to ask frame weight and was shocked with response, 4.2lb or 1.9kg without shock, so basically 4.5lb with shock, that is extremely light???
    Any reviews on how this rides?

matther01
    Free Member

They’ve got €100 off the frames too at the moment. I was contemplating the v4 frame…awaiting some reviews first too.

jonnyrockymountain

I was thinking of a 650b full suss frame 100-120 travel, and was looking at both anthem’s and superlight, but anthem 5.5 lbs and superlight is 6.2 lbs.
    So this at 4.5 lbs I was very surprised

matther01
    Free Member

I’d be shocked if ‘claimed’ weight is the reality tbh

lars0the0swede
    Free Member

Hi!

Have anyone seen a “real” review on this bike yet?
    With real review I meen after press-launch…

I have seen a couple of ongoing builds on the frame but no one have been out riding it yet.

My idea is to build it up as HipHop with a beefier fork (140mm DT Swiss, RS Rev or Magura)

Cheers // Lars

barffy
    Free Member

I’ve got the AM one and the only thing I can knock it for is the rear triangle is very wide meaning you do rub heels on it. You don’t notice when riding but the evidence of rubbing is clearly there when you get off! Heli-tape the shit out of it!

blairc70
    Free Member

Great bike for the money, uphill pedals better than the V3. Better on the downhills, I built mine up from frame (AM version I with Pikes and Debonair plus piggy back )
    That weight doesn’t seem right, mine is 13.2kgs with dropper and xo1, hope arch ex ,running tubeless.
    CRC has the frame with shock listed at 7lbs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Commencal meta trial 2015’ is closed to new replies.