Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Commencal META HT, complete or build?
  • johanhej
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m sitting here considering pulling the trigger on the new Commencal META HT, the cromo one.
    http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=12501753

I’m a little unsure if I should buy complete, or building one up myself. I have a hard time making out if the parts on the complete one are good, and justify the steeper price tag. If I were to build one up myself, I’d probably get the rockshox pike fork.

Any advice?

Kuco

ime if you have the money and know how is to build one up yourself that way you are getting what you want and no compromises.

johanhej
    Free Member

I just want to make most of what’s worth of my money. I can’t find much information on the fitted components, like the wheels. Also, I’m a bit concerned about the 32 mm fork being flexy at 150 mm and slack HA.

johanhej
    Free Member

bump! I can’t be the only one considering this ride 🙂

stevede
    Free Member

Depends how heavy you are and how hard you ride but I wouldn’t fancy a 32 up front if I was buying it. I ride a ti slackline with 36’s spaced down to 140mm and find them perfect for what I use the bike for. I noticed in my email from commencal that they are bringing out a ti version too which could be good. If it was my money and my budget was the full build rrp I’d get the frame only and shop around the German sites for transmission, dropper from pro bike and get a decent 2nd hand fork and buy the best wheels you can afford.

johanhej
    Free Member

Ok. Probably better to try build a bike then. If it were a 26er I would definitely try build my own bike off 2nd hand items. Finding a second hand 27.5 fork would seem pretty hard don’t you think?

Don’t have a single bit for a bike so would have to buy everything. Even bolts 🙂

stevede
    Free Member

Apologies, I forgot about the 650b part, may be worth seeing if any of the decent forks take a 650b wheel then – if you have to buy a new fork that would eat into your budget quite a bit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Commencal META HT, complete or build?’ is closed to new replies.