Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Commencal META am owners… sizing?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I’m thonkg of a Commencal Meta AM 29, the geometry is almost identical. I’m 5’10” \ 5’11”. I’m right on the cusp of their sizing reccomendation, and their figures I really could go either way.

There is not reach measurement given, so its based on ETT.

Anyone know how big a large feels and how small a medium feels?

And what size did you go for?

Cheers

Ricks

jsm

I’m 5 11, I will check tomorrow, think mine’s a large sized frame. I was after a slightly more stable top frame length. Make sure you get the neoprene shock flappy cover. Nice bikes.

iain1775
    Free Member

5’10 here and a medium (AM 26″)
    It’s longer than my old medium 2008 meta 5
    If I recall from COC your quite near to me if you want a sit on

swanny853

If it helps I’m in the same position as you so I broke out the cad at work. By my reckoning the medium (590 ett by CCommençal’s measurement) has an ett to the centre of the top of the seat tube (like on one) of 521 and a reach of 389. The large (commy 615) is 559 and 412 respectively.

For comparison (because I have one, assuming I’ve got the right kind of ett) a Solaris in medium has etts of 670 and 605 depending on measurement, and a reach of 470, so the meta seems to come up quite short. Let me know if you find anything else!

rickon
    Free Member

On the CRC site for the Meta AM they have more geometry details:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/commencal-vip-meta-am-frame-kit-2012/rp-prod66814

For a Medium:

ETT: 595mm
    Reach: 431mm

Large:

ETT: 620mm
    Reach: 453mm

So a large is huuuuuuge in the TT and the reach is bonkers long.

The figures are very similar to the AM29 and the 26. There’s no way at 5’11 or 6 foot I’d be looking at a large, as it’d feel like a boat.

weeksy

6’0 and on a large. I had a large Meta 5.5 and they both feel massive LOL. Although they now feel like ‘mine’… I think I could easily get away with a M though in the AM29.

If you’re over Berks way mate you’re welcome to come try the Large.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and riding a Large Meta SX. Perfect for me with a 50mm stem and I have a long body and arms.

swanny853

Right, that’s interesting. Those reach measurements are distinctly different to the ones I worked out.

Anyway, if it helps I tried a friends medium meta am 26 tonight and it felt fairly short with a layback post fitted- the 29 is 5mm shorter too. I like longer bikes though, cotic and on one stretched out geometry always made sense to me.

jsm

I went for large with short stem. rolls better on the downs that way. Keep you a little more stretched, which I found better for my back.

swanny853

I ended up getting the large too. Any shorter would have been cramped

rockohardpack
    Free Member

Im 6’2″ and just bought a 2014 Meta SX Frame in size Large, and im wondering how it will feel. I have a scott voltage that Im selling, with a inch shorter top tube, so I know it’ll atleast better than that, but will it be OK for pedaling? What do you guys think?

Fuzzhead, how do you like you Large Meta SX at 6’2″?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Commencal META am owners… sizing?’ is closed to new replies.