• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Crag.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Commencal Meta 5.5 2009
  • nigelj
    Free Member

anybody any comments/reviews on the lastest 5.5 models.
    I’m looking for a new bike of this ilk and it seems to tick
    the boxes (plus Merlin seem to be doing some cracking deals on them)

GaryLake
    Free Member

WMB reviewed it last month – it wasn’t the usual shining star it has been in recent years – I’m sure it’s still the excellent bike it always has been…

neil853
    Free Member

mate has one, loves it! and as you say the spec and price is amazing

BoardinBob

(plus Merlin seem to be doing some cracking deals on them)

Don’t know if it’s any use but this month’s MBUK had a supplement thing and in it is a voucher for (at least) 10% off Commencals if you actually visit the shop. The discount may be more than 10% but it certainly wasn’t any less.

Well worth buying MBUK if you can physically get to Merlin.

fishboy
    Free Member

Any word on how long Merlin’s offers will last? Seem to remember they did something similar last year for a limited time??

gamo
    Free Member

My brother bought a 5.5.1 and loves it, from the shot i had its a cracking
    bike and again the spec for the merlin price is incredible.

dave360

Echo what gamo says. If you’re in south manc pop round and have a go.

hugh_b
    Free Member

apparently they ride very nicely but everyone i know/have spoken to has cracked theirs and had to wait a while for their warranty replacement. I was very tempted by one but didn’t because of this. As far as i know it’s a common fault with them.

Hugh

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Mines still in One piece*. 2007 model

*hasn’t done that many miles

druidh
    Free Member

I have one and not cracked it – also an older model (the newer ones are beefier anyway).

That Merlin deal is stunning btw

rj
    Free Member

Not cracked mine (2008) despite my apalling clumsiness and it’s as much fun as everyone says it is.

DeeW
    Free Member

I cracked my ’06 (linkage plates, then headtube). The guy I bought it off had been through 2 ’05 frontends which were replaced under warranty. These were older frames so maybe they have improved their quality control/ironed out the problems.

2 year warranty isn’t too bad. Would consider a new Commencal with warranty but personally would not buy one second hand.

BTW: rode great: really supply suspension especially pedalling through rocks & roots. Great going down.

retro83
    Free Member

I’ve got an 08, it’s great, apparently the 09s are better.

Crag
    Free Member

Got to echo what DeeW says – I’d stay away from a second hand one.

I cracked my ’08 frame after a years use. Madison turned round the replacement pretty quick though IMO. One of the guys I ride with cracked his ’07 a month later.

Decent bikes but I’ve got to question whether it would be turn out to be a wise long term investment.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Commencal Meta 5.5 2009’ is closed to new replies.