Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Commencal hardtails?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one when my knee recoveres a little more, specificly one of the supper cheep ‘normal’ ones.

Would get used on the odd trip to trail centers, swinley, cannock, an local rides arroung Reading. Getting it as a cheep bike that I wont cry if it gets stollen from the shed then possibly slowly upgrading it. If it gets kept, it’ll most likely end up being built as a trail center bike, with a marzocchi 4X fork and mid weight bits as and when I bend/snap/destroy the original ones.

What’t the ride like? Is it slack/low like the other commencals, or is it more XC biased, or are they just ‘a bike’ with handling to match, i.e. no supprises?

Guilliano
    Free Member

Bit slacker and certainly shorter than a race HT. Built tough and great fun to ride.

HTTP404
    Free Member

they look good for the money. the super cheapo v-brake version is disc hubbed as well. so wouldn’t take much to tactfully remove the v-mounts and disc brake it. the combi hardtails (i had one of these) are more hydroformed – which I’m not sure I like. All their hardtails afaik are having long fork travel adjusted geometry. The own brand parts are not really inspiring but do the job.

ride? for me ran best for me with revelations running at 115mm for singletrack and general trail. definitely no surprises with the ride.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

sweet, just what I like to hear.

Looking at the £250 poverty level one, already have a pile of spares so some bits can go in the spares bin straight away (mainly the drivetrain, already got some old skool XT 8s stuff, the bars, tires, and i’ll probably fit an 80mm stem from the off)

Forks, was thinking revs, or maybe pikes wound down to ~110mm, or marzocchi 4x’s if some come up cheep. Then again my mum’s got the suntour ones, and theyr not that bad, as long as theyr the magnesium ones not the aluminium lowers which weigh a ton!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Commencal hardtails?’ is closed to new replies.