• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Commencal – Awesome kids bikes
  • garychaplin
    Free Member

I just wanted to post on here to say I would highly recommend the Commencal Meta HT 24. Bought the top spec one for my lad and it’s amazing, light, agile and really good geometry etc. No, I don’t work for them, or on any commission!

The customer service is incredible (quite the opposite to off-one), and bike was with me three days after ordering. Highly recommended.

[/url]

ads678

On one don’t sell kids bikes……

I do like the look of the kids commies thought, my lad might be getting a Meta hot 24 for his birthday next year.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Saw a youth at Whinlatter riding a Commencal. It looked quite handy, as did he. We were on the south loop at that section where the up and down cross over and there are (were?) two tiny north shore rampy things on the downhill section.

He teed himself up for the harder one with the actual proper drop at the end. He landed it beautifully, but alas his down tube and top tube both broke just behind the head tube and left him riding a unicycle and spare handlebar into the dirt.

He smacked his face up a bit and was sat there looking well dazed, confused and understandably hurt. He’d done so well, poor little mite.

He had a Commencal. Neither of my kids ever will.

ads678

Hmm, maybe he won’t then…..

peabrain
    Free Member

Yikes! But I do know a few kids on 24″ Commencal hardtails that regularly do the drop at the end of the Fort Bill WC Downhill and have had no problems.

garychaplin
    Free Member

Oh dear, I was supposed to be commending their service and quality. I have north shore throughout my garden, with 2ft drops, taple tops etc. The boys have great control on their correctly scaled bikes. Sure some break, but which model? Had dad ridden it maybe?

Oh and my comment about off-one (I ride a 456 and it’s the best frame I’ve ever had), was purely to their customer service – shite.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I have north shore throughout my garden

Cool, tell us more. I’ve got some very minor north shore in our garden along with a couple of reasonable short sections of rocky singletrack. But I’m kind of limited in what I can do that can be dismantled when we need to mow the lawn.

Dying to know more about your setup.

hora
    Free Member

Thanks for the obvious heads up- my son is looking for his next progression/bike from his CNOC16 – he can ride a Commencal like his dad 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Oh and my comment about off-one (I ride a 456 and it’s the best frame I’ve ever had), was purely to their customer service – shite.

In fairness to them I’d not say it’s poo, just slow. The guys in the returns/warranty department were great, there just aren’t enough of them. I think they’re aware of this as they sent a set of carbon bars with my bike by way of apology for the slow turnarround.

Probably helps that I’m way to laid back and patient rather than angry/shouty and pageing Brant on here if my e-mails go unanswered for 24 hours.

igm

I have north shore throughout my garden, with 2ft drops, taple tops etc.

Now this I like. Go well with the climbing wall / fort. Not sure my wife will agree, but our boys would.

igm

Brant don’t live there any more

hora
    Free Member

Who?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Commencal – Awesome kids bikes’ is closed to new replies.