Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • "Coming up on Radio 4, Tandem Jeremy….."
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    hh45
    Free Member

anyone would think it was the silly season – what a boring topic to discuss. Radio Four normally does much better than this.

ton

where is mcnasty anyway. he aint been on for yonks………….i miss him.
    😀

geetee1972
    Free Member

There was something on Radio 4 this afternoon about nocturnal activities (ahem) seriously. I switched on just as they were out with a guy who goes night fishing and I was thinking, ooh, wouldn't it be good if there went out on mtb night ride, and hey guess what…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hang on, More or Less is good sometimes.

druidh
    Free Member

TJ is in the low countries – no doubt checking out how happy they are paying more tax than us.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Hang on, More or Less is good sometimes.

+1. Much like "Material World", it's one of a myriad shows on R4 which never cease to fascinate.

You and Yours, however, is shite.

crazy-legs

+1. Much like "Material World", it's one of a myriad shows on R4 which never cease to fascinate.

Although everyone knows that the best show on Radio 4 has always been I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.

Come to think of it, TJ would be good on that too… 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You and Yours, however, is shite.

Hehe, you always get that one in. It's a bit like Radio Watchdog. Good for comedy value sometimes though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

just reading this on the forum made me chuckle heard the advert trailer today

GasmanJim
    Free Member

Much of R4 is truly excellent, and I even enjoy "You and Yours" for the unintended comedy value of all that self righteous whingeing. But for me the biggest load of pure unadulterated up-its-own-arse shite is…"Front Row". I really can't bear to listen and have to impose radio silence for 30 minutes after the Archers.

user-removed
    Free Member

…..and have to impose radio silence for 30 minutes after DURING the Archers….

This makes more sense to me 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

I quite like "Front Row" don't listen to it often but when it is on it normally pulls me in. Likewise More or Less. You and yours I can't listen to or Women's Hour or anything with Michael Buerke or Fergal Keane

Junkyard
    Free Member

thought for the day…WHY does it convert anyone or reaffirm anyones belief.
    I Like sailing by but surely in the modern world sailors are not using the Shipping Forecast for info? Is it just to tell messages to spies?

molgrips
    Free Member

Thought for the day is often interesting. Someone else's point of view is always interesting.

audiophile
    Free Member

Money Box Live is the worst show on R4, Money Box Undead would be far more appropriate. Nearly forgot Quote, Unquote, " Utter Toilet ", and you can quote me on that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes I am often on the edge of my seat wondering what the religious person is about to say next about religion/morals.
    Would not mind it if it was a cross section of society saying what they thought on issues of the day.

molgrips
    Free Member

Some of them are just short church sermons – which are crap. Some however, usually the non-Christian ones, are interesting points about humanity.

kennyp
    Free Member

Radio 4 accounts for about 95% of my total viewing/listening. I'd quite happily pay the licence fee for that one station alone. That said, I heard the trailer for the bike helmet thing and just yawned.

white101

'Someone else's point of view is always interesting'

INTRUDER ALERT!!!! INTRUDER ALERT!!!!

Stop this idiot now before he infects the forum with his spontaneous outbreak of fairplay and niceness!!!

TheFlyingOx

Women's Hour

You really should give it a go some time. Last year they had women phoning in to tell us all what they called their "private area" when talking to their kids.

Without wishing to be vulgar, 'Mooey' was my favourite. 😆

konabunny
    Free Member

Would not mind it if it was a cross section of society saying what they thought on issues of the day.

If I wanted to hear that I'd talk to the person next to me on the bus.

nickc

whatever comedy is on at 6.00 on Friday.

when I'm king, all the Today presenters better watch out…

BillMC

Thinking Allowed and the Media Show, Correspondent, Today, PM…so much good stuff. The only thing I react to is the continuity announcer with the part-Caribbean, part-mid Atlantic, over-pronounced accent. Nobody speaks like that, I can only imagine he's there to make up the PC numbers. Oh, and the daily service.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can heartily recommend Women's Hour too. Slightly disappointed in Fry's new thing. Listened to the latest one last night and, well, it put me to sleep. 🙂

ononeorange

I love the shipping forecast.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think I'm turning into Ed Reardon 🙂

konabunny
    Free Member

I can only imagine he's there to make up the PC numbers.

Just showing your lack of imagination. 😛

Karinofnine

I love the shipping forecast too and BH on a Sunday morning, the Today programme every work morning, and the comedy programmes early evening.

I used to listen to John Peel on Saturday mornings but since he died I don't tune in that day now.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Random documentary on window cleaning on at the mo. £15 a house?? I hope my window cleaners don't hear it!

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I was listening to R4 as I was driving home from work this morning. They were discussing a forthcoming piece on bike helmets and whether or not they should be worn.

I thought of this thread.

grahamb
    Free Member

anything with Michael Buerke

+1 there's nothing that's more likely to make me switch the radio off than him

… er or anything with Paul Gambaccini, Quote Unquote, the daily service, Money Bags Live … actually the list is quite long. I also regularly rant at the radio, especially when i don't turn it off & end up listening to something like the Moral Maze.

The nature programs with recordings by Chris Watson are ace. As if the guy isn't cool enough for being an ex-Cabaret Voltaire member.

footflaps

I really enjoy Thought for the Day, most of them are pretty good (and that's from a devout Atheist).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I'm still upset with TJ for not paying tribute to Jimmy Reid. 🙁

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘"Coming up on Radio 4, Tandem Jeremy….."’ is closed to new replies.