Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Comfy ride advice, please.
  • MikeT-23
    Free Member

Me: Six feet tall; 85 kilos.

Bike: Orange P7, 19″ frame, Fox Float 32 forks, SDG saddle (name worn off)

Issue: A recent development, but after about an hour and three quarters of riding, my toes go numb and I don’t fancy sitting on the saddle. I moved it as far back as possible on the post clamp/rail setting. The numbness in the toes becomes detrimental to the whole pedalling process.

My pal is suggesting a two-dayer in a couple of weeks, but if things stay as they are I’m going to have to avoid it.

Any helpful suggestions? Much appreciated.

Macavity
    Free Member

“toes” and “saddle” ??

What shoes and pedals are you using?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Shoes to small and socks to tight or shoes done up too tight. Dont think numb feet will have anything to do with seat position IME.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Though maybe too high or perhaps too low seat could if you’re over or under stretching the foot, legs or something like that? Don’t know.

SPD or flats? Then we get into foot position on the pedal, but I’ll shut up there, causes much argument 😀

hambl90
    Free Member

Did you alter anything on your bike before this started happening ?

crikey
    Free Member

You’ve got your wifes shoes on, and she’s obviously the one who wears the trousers, so those are hers as well.

HTH.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses so far, folks.

Putting to one side the hilarious humour and secret fantasies of Crikey, there have been no alterations made to the bike, the seat height or the usual riding position. It’s about as good a set-up as I can get.

The pedals are DMR V8s, and my usual riding shoes are flat-soled skateboarding type shoes…in my size. The socks are my size too.

Any further ideas based on that info?

Shoes may be wearing out allowing the rear edge of your pedal to stop blood flow to your toes.

When you say you dont fancy sitting on the saddle why is that?

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Discomfort, knife.

I wear those shorts with the padded chamois insert too, but still get uncomfortable and a bit numb in the sitting area.

The shoes are in good nick as well. They only get worn whilst out on that bike.

What I could do is try changing the pedals and the shoes to a cleated combo, as I have them to hand. I’ll see how that works out.

Thanks all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Comfy ride advice, please.’ is closed to new replies.