Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • comfy i-beam saddles?
  • retro83
    Free Member

Are there any comfy I-Beam saddles? I got on with a BelAir on it thinking it would be like my ‘normal’ railed BelAir I had before. Nooooo! 👿

It’s the most uncomfortable saddle I’ve ever had. After 30 mins on it, you feel like your ass has been used as a punchbag by mike tyson.

Question is, are there any which are actually good?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Formula FX is better but not sure they will ever flex quite as much as a normal saddle

ransos
    Free Member

I find the Bel Air Ibeam uncomfortable at first, but then seems ok. Maybe give it another try?

retro83
    Free Member

I find the Bel Air Ibeam uncomfortable at first, but then seems ok. Maybe give it another try?

had it for 3 months now!

FOG

thank god its not just me. I have an I fly and its nearly like a razor blade. I was going to buy the bel-air as the last railed bel-air I had was v. comfy but retro83’s experience has put me off. I’ll just have to buy a proper seat post and saddle

CountZero

After using a cow-pattern Bel Air for a couple of years I got a new bike and had an I-Beam fitted with an FX saddle on. I loved it instantly. The regular Ti-railed Bel Air was the most comfortable saddle I’d used in nearly twenty years, but the FX was even better. I now have them on all three of my mountain bikes. One evening I got home from work on my SS, then decided to go for a ride. Twenty minutes passed before I realised I still had my regular shorts and keks on. Finished a twelve mile ride with little discomfort. Get an FX, I’m pretty sure your arse will love you for it, the hollow space under the hull really works.

DeeW
    Free Member

I went from a ti railed Bel Air to an ibeam Formula FX, noticed little difference in comfort. Bel Air is more padded but I’m perfectly happy with the FX. Not tried any other ibeam saddles to compare.

nickc

Theres a Bel Air ST, as opposed to the more normal SL version, which I’ve found much better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘comfy i-beam saddles?’ is closed to new replies.