Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Comfy elbow pads
  • sheck

Oxymoron?
    Tried some Daniese ones… Possibly too small but definitely not something you can wear all day. Bought some soft 661 pads and aren’t markedly better. As far as I can tell POC may be a step change but £80?
    Any other recommendations?

nickjb
    Free Member

Which 661s did you try? I’ve got some 2x2s and they are very comfortable, not very solid, though. Depends how hard you fall off.

fudge9202
    Free Member

661 Evo d30 easy to forget they are there.

Lakes_Puma

I’ve got the POC polymer ones and have worn them for 8+ hours without noticing they are there.

sheck

Got some 661 Riots… Almost impossible to tell which way up they go (were it not for the logo) as the fit is so nondescript

Northwind

POC Bones… Yes they’re expensive, and yes they make you look like a stormtrooper. But there is none better. Downhill protection, but more comfortable and less hot than anything else I’ve used (the articulated, fitted hardshell means they don’t need to be held on tight like most pads- the sock and straps are barely there)

Soft pads always seem like they should be the better option but they tend to be more enclosed, and hotter.

jenny
    Free Member

POC are the answer, I’m afraid!

ask1974
    Free Member

Troy Lee Designs EG5550. Bought some for the Alpes and extremely comfortable, only £40 as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Comfy elbow pads’ is closed to new replies.