Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Comfy bar grips for 24 hour riding…?
  • PolisherMan

I’m doing the Bearbones200 next month, would foam grips be worth a try.
    I’ve got a carbon joint replacement in one of my fingers (Mmmm carbon!) and as such try to look for larger diameter and comfortable grips.

Any suggestions?

johnnystorm

I’ll be doing the same with ESI silicone or similar. Wiggle and superstar do their own brand silicone grips that aren’t a million miles away.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

ESI Chunky Silicone, expensive for what they are but worth it IMO. Superstar also do a version and are quite thick too. The silicone works a lot better than regular foam. I’ve had some success with the Ergon type too, again Superstar do a version and I found them very comfortable, the only negative was I think I lost a bit of control with them.

emkay
    Free Member

ESI Chunky – just fitting mine now. How do you work out where the thinner bit is ? It looks the same thickness all the way around ?

benji
    Free Member

ESI chunky with good gloves.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

emkay, do you have ESI Chunky or Contour? I think its only the contour that has a thinner section. I’ve also heard (read on a forum) that the lock on silicone grips aren’t as good as the cartridge bit replaces some of the comfy silicone with the hard plastic sleeve of the lock on.

wwaswas

Ergon?

Chunky plus the palm bit spreads the load too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Comfy bar grips for 24 hour riding…?’ is closed to new replies.