Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Comfortable saddle for cyclo cross bike
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I’m looking for some recommendations for a new saddle for my cx bike. I use it 50/50 on road and off, but the number one thing I’m after is comfort.
    Look forward to hearing from ya.
    Cheers

RoterStern
    Free Member

Saddles are such a personal thing…one man’s sofa is another man’s razor blade. I can only speak for myself but I’ve been very happy with the Spesh body geometry range of saddles. I have the Phenom on my CX bike.

edhornby

All my bikes have the same saddle

cynic-al
    Free Member

What they said.

Start by looking at what worked for you on other bikes.

fubar
    Free Member

Specialized saddles tend to work for me but on my cx / commuter bike I’ve had no reason to remove the standard Charge Spoon saddle which has been a pleasant surprise.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

All my bikes have the same saddle

I have different saddles on road to MTB. My road saddles (San Marco Spid or Fizik Arione) are stiffer and less padded than the WTB Silverados that are on my HT and FS. Tried a Silverado on my first road bike in 20 years (I’m a born-again roadie) and hated it.

My CX saddle is the same as my road, not my MTB.

kcal

Brooks Cambium for an off the wall suggestion?

Or ProLogo I’ve always liked – CPC might be just the ticket..

steve_b77
    Free Member

SDG duster ti will be going on mine when it turns up this week

shaungero
    Free Member

SDG bel-air is what I have on my hardtail which I love but as I just got my first cross bike I wasn’t sure if the same saddle was a bit to cunky to put on.

tang
    Free Member

I get on very well with Spesh(esp phenom)and now Astute. I’ve got the skyline ti on my cx and its got a little more padding. Very comfortable.

iainc

I used to have Bel Airs on both MTB’s and also on CX bike, worked well.

Sam

SMP Dynamic for me…. Or sometimes a Fizik Tundra.

However this thread is likely to throw up pretty much every saddle model out there. You’d be better off asking “I love my Bel-Air, what do people who like those also like which is a bit lighter and svelte-er”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You’d be better off asking “I love my Bel-Air, what do people who like those also like which is a bit lighter and svelte-er”

Well, with that in mind, I used to love Bel-Airs, but have recently switched to a Phenom* and love it even more!

*enom. Doo doo, de doo doo.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Comfortable saddle for cyclo cross bike’ is closed to new replies.