Comfortable elbow pads

Home Forum Bike Forum Comfortable elbow pads

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Comfortable elbow pads
  • Premier Icon Lakes_Puma
    Subscriber

POC joint VPD I forget I’m even wearing them

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

At that price I think I’d want to notice them 😯 😆

Troy Lee Shock Doctors here, found them very comfortable.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

The only really comfortable pad I’ve ever found is the POC Bones… They’re properly lobstered and articulated, they don’t need to be firmly strapped on- they naturally move with you so they just need 2 very gentle elasticated straps and a loose, thin sock- less sweaty and enclosed. But despite all that, they don’t move at all in a crash, and they’re very protective (and have huge coverage too, almost all teh way down the exposed side of the forearm)

Soft pads tend to need to be held on tight and are always more enclosing.

Stormtroopery, though, and very expensive. I feel a wee bit silly wearing them sometimes on trailbike-type rides but I am brittle and it makes no sense to buy a less protective, less gnar-looking pad if it’s hotter and sweatier.

Subscriber

It’s a balancing act. I own some pads but because they’re uncomfy and look a bit silly I don’t wear them, hence the injuries. If i’m going to get new ones they need to be ones I want to wear. I can see how the POC Bones would be very practical but I’m concerned I wouldn’t wear them because they look “stormtroopery” as you put it 🙂

ChunkyMTB

POC for me too, don’t even notice they are there even in hot climates

Premier Icon bungle
    Subscriber

Lizard Skins Softcell Mountain Elbow Guards work for me, comfy, not too hot and are cheapish. Minimalist 661 rhythms for the winter under clothing but way too hot now.

Premier Icon stevied
    Subscriber

+1 for the POC bones. Very comfortable. Will admit mine were an eBay bargain @ £26

Subscriber

Having had two elbow injuries in two years I’d like to wear elbow pads whilst I learn to keep my bike upright (no stabiliser jokes please). I have some 661 full lower arm pads but they’re far too uncomfortable to ride in regularly.

What do people recommend I look at? It’s not practical for me to get to a shop with a big range to try so will probably have to buy online.

fuzzhead

I can recommend O’Neal Sinner – SasTec based so very comfy

FuzzyWuzzy

g-form for sure. Also had 661 evo (slipped unless you did them up uncomfortably tight) and POC bones (OK but very far from unnoticeable, only used them for DH so didn’t bother me)

rocketman

661 Rhythm?

Won’t do too much in the event of a proppa impact but quite good at deflecting trail rash etc

Easy to put on/take off. Fold up small enough to put in a pack

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

I tried loads last year before finding a set of Raceface ones that felt comfy at a price I was prepared to pay.
    Bit like bikes really, one size does not fit all.
    There is a new light wieght RF one out atm which looks good.

Subscriber

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I do need to try some on, so will persevere with what I have until I get to a shop.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Comfortable elbow pads’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top