Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Comfortable all day MTB shorts
  • denni
    Free Member

Hi folks,
    a bewildering array of shorts for sale all over the place so after some advice.
    I tried on 4 pairs today which is all well and good but I’ve no idea how comfortable they would actually be riding all day.
    The ones I liked, were deko shorts at £20 and all I’d need to do is buy some padded under shorts so thats what I need advice on, the padded bit!
    Thanks in advance, Den

Sundayjumper

I wear roadie bib shorts under my baggies. Important (IMO) to have bibs, plain lycra shorts always seem to fall off me.

Just slightly inconvenient when you need a wee.

denni
    Free Member

Good idea mate, will look into them. Any suggestions for comfy ones?
    Thanks, Den

SirHC

Best to get to a decent bike shop and try some on, as the fits vary from brand to brand. I use castelli road kit, as the pad is very good, low profile and stays in place, downside is the price!

dave32
    Free Member

Dependson what you want to spend, Specialized do a lycra bib baggy short combo but it’s not cheap, Got some endura singletracks there nice and comfy

medoramas
    Free Member

I found the Endura Xtract bib shorts very comfy, plus they are wallet friendly too! On top I wear Hummvee shorts – I love the map pockets on them.

johnnystorm

Funkier, despite the terrible name seem to be the best quality to price ratio I’ve found. Merlin have some last years items with big reductions. Gore Bikewear Fusion/Windstopper shorts are great if you can stand the prices. I’ve decided rather than keeping on gambling on cheap shorts I’m just going to buy nice ones and be done with. The Dare2B “bargain” shorts I bought are some of the worst I’ve ever worn. Closely followed by The North face so price isn’t always a guarantee!

onlysteel
    Free Member

Singletracks over pearl izumi bibs. Not cheap, but wear well.

denni
    Free Member

Hi folks,
    many thanks for the replies. Sorted for shorts just looking at some bibs now.
    Does anyone have any experience of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KKC-Cycling-Bib-Tights-Winter-Thermal-Padded-Mtb-Long-Pants-Roubaix-Material-/301417308153

or these:

http://fdxsports.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=18_68

I realise they are cheap but for my odd weekend blast in the cold weather, I reckon they would do the trick or am I going to roast!

If not, Ideally I don’t want to spend more than £20-30 on something similar so if there are more suggestions, they would be welcomed.

Thanks again, Den

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Comfortable all day MTB shorts’ is closed to new replies.