Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Comedy supermarket delivery substitutions
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

beej – I suggest we wait until Friday. She’s driving to the airport and catching a flight to the other end of the country. Without a grown up. There’ll be loads of things, including but not limited to…

1) Driving halfway to her place of work (North of home) before realising she should be going south.
    2) Failing to find the pre booked car park that we use every time.
    3) Confiscation of expensive shampoo and conditioner at security.
    4) Enjoying dinner so much and not hearing repeated announcements of her name (only one ear works to be fair) resulting in a sprint to the gate and arrival as they are about to chuck her off it.

These predictions are all evidence based.

totalshell

i was heavily involved in the introduction of tesco online business to stores at the turn of the century. its an area the new broom will be sweeping a lot in. the business makes terrefic ‘paper’ profits however the reality is it loses the business piles of cash it would be cheaper if they just burnt piles of tenners.. take what you can while it lasts..pickers have carte blanche to choose whatever they want as a substitute although thier line manager does get a report of what the picker chose so your nicotine ptches will be a onee off. you do also have the opportunity to preselect subs yourself if you wish via comments when makeing your selctions online. ..

jag61

I think the great ape has Mrs G hidden away somehow! 2 degrees good job ‘mobile ‘phone? keys?, or is mrs ape missing tonite as mrs g is sat next to me.which is unusual just this second asked me if I have taken the car keys to work!!!! ( I did :oops:)

thekingisdead
    Free Member

i was heavily involved in the introduction of tesco online business to stores at the turn of the century. its an area the new broom will be sweeping a lot in. the business makes terrefic ‘paper’ profits however the reality is it loses the business piles of cash it would be cheaper if they just burnt piles of tenners.. take what you can while it lasts..pickers have carte blanche to choose whatever they want as a substitute although thier line manager does get a report of what the picker chose so your nicotine ptches will be a onee off. you do also have the opportunity to preselect subs yourself if you wish via comments when makeing your selctions online. ..

I’m intrigued by this, I’ve read that the true cost of pick / delivery is about £15, so they’re all losing money by offering the service, but they’re all so scared of losing market share to each other that they have to offer it.
    And they can’t increase margins to absorb the cost because the discounters have got that covered.

Will be interesting to see where online grocery shopping goes next. An annual subscription I suspect.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nope, she’s home. Just defrosting in front of the fire.

ourmaninthenorth

I have one like thegreatape – 3 degrees, has travelled the world with work and amazingly still doesn’t know where to find her phones (she has two), car keys, house keys, my house keys, the spare house keys, her purse, various clothing items in her possession only moments before, Rolex watch, engagement ring….

I’m surprised she hasn’t left our daughter anywhere without realising…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yet they can tell without even looking that you’ve left your pants on the floor and not in the basket

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Comedy supermarket delivery substitutions’ is closed to new replies.