Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • comedy falls….
  • alpin
    Free Member

i tend not to fall too much (luck or skill? i daren't say) but out today i had a few incidents. nothing serious or whilst 'riding-riding'.

was hoping around outside the front door waiting for mate to get sorted. i've been practising getting the bike up onto the back wheel trials style. i half managed it, pedaled forward and the gearing kicked the bike out from beneath me. i fell to the floor like a sack of spuds.

later on, whilst riding along a paved section i lightly touched the back brake and the proceeded to drift a good 20' with the back wheel at right angles to my direction of travel. i managed to dump it into a pile of snow on the side – avoiding going a foot or so further over a steep edge.

lastly, again on a paved path, as i lined the bike up to to enter a trail the bike went out from beneath me. i hit the deck and slid a few meters whilst my bike carried on sliding a further 10m or more past a bewildered family.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Nice, I managed to protect my still healing shoulder from a fall by managing a full (well almost) front flip dismount, landing pretty much flat on my back. Winded slightly but shoulder, drinks bladder and new mini-trackpump all survived undamaged.

handyman
    Free Member

i tend to fall over in carparks prior to ride and then ride perfectly

Kato

My mate had a bramble catch his sleeve as we were tootling along a walking pace

he toppled off and broke his arm. Never seen such an innocuous fall cause so much grief

I laughed my arse off initially

DickBarton

I was stationery and managed to go over the bars and break a bone in my hand – just below my thumb knuckle. I was impressed as no-one saw it but I felt obliged to tell everyone on the ride as I was unable to brake or change gear without faffing around with a hand waving around – which they all found hilarious.

Idiot daft crash but I did laugh at myself at the time…reckoned it looked rather comical from a 3rd person point of view…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘comedy falls….’ is closed to new replies.