Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Comedy crash.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I was forced into the undergrowth/hedge yesterday by a butterfly (didn’t get to see what type as I can’t see close up.
    Anyone else had a comic fail lately?

bruneep

have a comedy crash just about ever time I’m out

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Yup. All my crashes are amusing. Not to me, but to those watching… 😕

TimothyD
    Free Member

I went over the bars at 5 mph once, and broke my wrist. Was the crash where my speed and injury were most disproportionate to one another.

rivingtonbike
    Free Member

A couple of years ago i hit a kerb at 5mph,went over the bars – knocked 3 teeth out,broke my nose & 10 stitches over my eyebrow.
    Last week i fell off at 3 mph & went otb into a dried up rocky riverbed – landed on my back and it hurt like ****.I’m not totally convinced this is the right sport for me 😀
    Only joking,i’ll do it till i die 😀

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Last weekend. I pulled up to catch my breath, put my left foot down to what I thought was terra firma to find it was a big old overgrown hole. Started toppling slow motion sideways and noticed a thick stick poking up on a trajectory with my ribs. I twisted a bit but it was all too late and it jammed into my side, tore a hole in my jersey, knocked the wind out of my and left me with some deep scratches and nasty bruises. Oh, how we laughed.

Pook

Trying to show off on front of some girls at Sherwood Pines by doing a manual. Clipped in. I can’t manual.

Straight over the back leaving me flat on my back, bike aloft, like an upturned tortoise.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

When doing the Dusk till Dawn a few years ago, I had stopped to look after a rider who was in a bad way, as another guy stopped to help too, he hit a cut down stump about an inch wide and a 1/1 inch high, he was pretty much stationary but his momentum took him over the handle bars in a very comical way.

I replayed the crash in my head to cheer me up, as it was the worst race I have ever done. With stupid amounts of rain, and thick mud that was near impossible to ride through.

I think the original guy I had stopped to help was OK in the end.

markcurtains
    Free Member

Once going up Lockerbrook the “wrong” way, front wheel hit a rock so I lost forward momentum, stuck the back brake on and rotated slowly off the back of the bike.

imnotverygood

Overtaking a young child on the climb at Glentress on one of the hairpins. Said child unexpectedly started moving again after having stopped to let me past. I turned in further, front tyre ended up on an extremely small stick which rolled out from under it & I ended up in a heap. Skillz!

dumbbot
    Free Member

Cathkin Braes on friday, fast section through the woods followed by a sharp switch up-hill…I only clean it out half the time and i’ve snapped chains before by not being correctly engaged in gear before stamping on the power.

Well i didn’t carry enough speed, ran out of momentum near the top and toppled over, ending up in the gully where the burn is clinging on the some undergrowth. To be fair the path is a lot more eroded than in the picture (I have plenty more excuses as well)

My mate follows moments behind me finding me in the ditch “what you doing down there then?”

I’m Glasgow city council chief shrubbery inspector, ya arsehole. 🙄

iainc

Tricky wee bit that ! I clear it half the time at best !

jes
    Free Member

Mine a couple of weeks ago 🙂

Monster101

Burn splash just above that photo. Stream was in spate usual crossing looked a bit deep so went a little further up stream OtB head downstream bike on back. Classy 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Comedy crash.’ is closed to new replies.