Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Come on then, show me your Inbred 29ers
  • druff
    Free Member

Bought one on a whim recently. Looking for inspiration on colours that match the sand frame (outside of black) and to see how many of you are running suspension forks and how many rigid.

Thanks, Dan.

miranmtb
    Free Member

Have two. Both orange. One rigid SS and one 1×10 with suspension fork.

druff
    Free Member

Thanks. The rigid forks look like the On One carbon ones (correct?), which suspension forks are they?

miranmtb
    Free Member

On One carbon fork on SS, Reba RLT 100mm on HT. The white Rebas where cheap on bike-discount, otherwise i would prefer the black ones. Happy how it looks now. They both ride great.

cardo

I’ve recently put 100mm Fox forks on it after finally finding a good set in Black.

Great bike and cheap too.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

miranmtb – it looks great with the Rebas on it. Very neat.

bigdonx
    Free Member

This one used to be mine – sold it to some bloke on here a few months back. I do miss it a wee bit – especially at this time of year.

takisawa2

Dont have it any more, but this was mine…

SS carbon Rigid…

On-One Inbred 29er-02 by pten2106, on Flickr

SS with Rebas…

IMAG0507 by pten2106, on Flickr

1×10 with Rebas…

IMAG0524 by pten2106, on Flickr

And my favourite, SS with steel rigids…

IMAG0203 by pten2106, on Flickr

ads678

Here’s mine with Salsa Cromoto’s, i’ve since flipped the stem but still want to put some flat bars on. I’d like to try it with suss forks though, reckon it’d be great!!

[/url]
    20121021_151109 by Adam Branston, on Flickr[/img]

chainslapp
    Free Member

My first introduction into the world of 29ers.

julioflo
    Free Member

Thinking of building one of these, possibly with rigid forks due to budget and the muddy conditions never leaving my local trails. If I do it will be my only bike for the foreseeable future. By the summer (if we have one) I hope to have the budget for some new forks.

So i’ll use it for woodsy riding and on Dartmoor. With some XC racing thrown in.

So my question is how GNAR do you all get with the rigid forks? Seriously what is the most demanding terrain that you can cope with?

ads678

TBH, I haven’t ridden anything too gnar on mine yet. A few bridle ways and the odd canal tow path so far. Which it’s great at.

Reckon it’d batter your arms though over repetative rocky stuff.

takisawa2

Ive ridden everywhere I ever rode on a FS. Wrists take a hammering though. Big tyres, skinny steel frame, carbon bars & thick grips help.

cooie

Ive ridden everywhere I ever rode on a FS.

Me too. Was surprised on my first ride just how comfy it was, considering it was rigid.

TheBrick
    Free Member

julioflo
    Free Member

Thanks all, was thinking big tyres would be the only way to go if fully rigid. So, weights for fully rigid, steel forked, 1×9 / 1×10 please? I’m not weight weenying (it’s an inbred after all). But I’d love it if it’s lighter than the Alu Cannondale Rush it may replace, which is 27/28lb….

slackman99
    Free Member

Mine, was originally sand, but not anymore!

druff
    Free Member

This is great – thanks all for contributing. Funny that not one in sand has turned up yet though – thinking that I’ll be going with black everything else – based on what’s been said too, that works well with my leaning towards the carbon rigid forks.

righog
    Free Member

Brick..Is that a home made wooden mudguard ?

emac65
    Free Member

They’ll cope with pretty much anything you wanna throw at them terrain wise,you’ll just either need to go a bit slower to be in control or get used to your eyeballs bouncing & hanging on.They’re also a pretty hefty frame so go for a light build esp with the wheels….

ton

i bought a new Teal one a month or so ago.
    it is my 4th 😳
    but what a fantastic bike for very little outlay. ace 8)

takisawa2

Steel forked SS, mine was about 25 pound.
    My Niner is 23.5lb with those big tyres.
    18″ Inbred frame was 5.5 lb, Niner is just over 4.

Currently running them about 24psi, & it rides great. I’ve actually just sold my 29er sus forks. Had them sat for a year, “in case I go to Wales” etc, but honestly not missing them.

Re: the big tyre thing, my next big change will be swapping the rims for 50mm Surly Rabbit Holes so I can run a 3″ Knard tyre on the front. According to Surly, a 2.4 Ralph on a Rabbit Hole is 66mm, so should squeeze on the back. The jist of this is that, the Inbred has
    more room than my Niner at the back so room to fatten up a bit. 🙂

And ditto what Ton said. As nice as my Niner is, I paid approx 5x what my Inbred cost for the Niner, but I’ll hold my hands up & say its not 5x the bike. 😐

twojumpers

Here’s my 18″ sand inbred, its 2×10 in the pic but it was soon changed to single speed.

sam69
    Free Member

BLOODY LOVELY

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Come on then, show me your Inbred 29ers’ is closed to new replies.