Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Come on find me a Large Pitch Pro!
  • sv

Needle in a haystack – help. Tried several shops all sold out as have Specialized UK. I have missed the boat haven’t I 🙁

BoardinBob

Not showing them as out of stock but maybe just not updated their site

http://www.leisurewheels.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b3s2p4633&rs=gb

sv

No out of stock – seems Smee is right again damn.

matt_outandabout

Buy a Prophet instead… 🙂

colnagokid

I was in edinburgh bike coop and steels in Newcastle last week, and there were bikes in the shops, not sure of the sizes tho’, worth a ring?

VanHalen

i think freeborn might have one

flamejob
    Free Member

*throws spanner in

Are you sure you want a Large?

I’m 5’11” and ride a small. I actually ordered a Medium, but it was really long. Loving the small:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

5’11” and ride a small

‘Kin ‘ell!

I’m 5’8″ and my medium seems titchy to me!

z1ppy

some-one did post a PSA about a large one last week, but the search util on this site is so rubbish, I can’t locate the thread.

MrNutt
    Free Member

are they only available in, ahem, brown?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. The Pro is brown, the Comp is blue. It’s a nice golden brown up close. I like it, TBH

JonBurns
    Free Member

There was one in the cycle Store in Congleton on Saturday it looked pretty big but didn’t notice the actual size. Doesn’t seem like they have it on their website though

PeterPoddy
    Free Member
    sv

JonBurns – thank you (although I’ve plumped for a medium through the Bike to work thing!)

Cyclestore very easy to deal with – counting the days now!

flamejob
    Free Member

I think we should have a Pitch ‘Tribe’ meet…. kinda like a Pikey version of the Yeti one 🙂

sv

Flamejob – your spanner sorted it out!

flamejob
    Free Member

You think that’s wrongle… watch this space for more P(B)itch stealth mods…

…they involve a can of black paint and some Pike stickers.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Like the idea of a b(p)itch meet ….maybe do it at the same place /time as a yeti group !!!

i’m 5’8″ and ride medium .. was told to get a small but felt too short !

flamejob
    Free Member

i’m 5’8″ and ride medium .. was told to get a small but felt too short !

Each to thier own… you seem to have pimped exactly the opposite parts to me!

Love the idea of doing ours the same location as the Yeti meet…. I was at CYB one year they were there; very odd.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I ride with a couple of yeti riders … (am faster on the downs and stuff than those overpriced bling bikes! ha ha)

You running xtr brakes flamejob?what else you changed?

geetee1972
    Free Member

WOuldn’t it be good if the Pitch Tribe met on Pitch Hill in Surrey. 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

Or maybe on a real hill here in Yorkshire?? 😉

flamejob
    Free Member

Pitch Hill… GENIUS!

My Mods:
    XT shifters
    XT Brakes
    XT Chainset (Touring)
    XT Rear Mech
    XT Cassette
    Smaller SBC Grips
    545 SPDs
    /\ All done from new/\

Hope Pro II Rear Hub
    36 TALAS RC2

I’m trying to keep it looking standard.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Flamejob, I had to resist buying some coil Lyrics yesterday. Musssssst resssist!

😉

(I really can’t afford it!)

forge197
    Free Member

PeterPoddy a set of coil Lyrics would be great on the pitch.

Pitch Hill for the Pitch meet sounds good 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes, but the same cash will be taking me to the Alps in June, so that’s the choice I’ve made!
    🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh, something all you Pitch owners might want to check out on your bikes….

I took my back wheel out last night with the bike upside down and noticed that where the back brake hose passes on the inside of the chainstay (Just after it leaves the cable guide) that it had been rubbing on the inner face of the chainstay. The paint was gone and a tiny indentation had been worn into the alloy. I covered it with 4 layers of tape and will keep an eye on it, but it would be worth everyone checking it out as it could be a potential future problem in the making.
    It looks like it only touches the stay when the suspension is compressed, so I’m going to pull a bit of hose through and tighten the cable tie on the stay as well when I get chance, which should stop it happening

That is all.
    🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Might be up for the Pitch meet but not on some tiny slope in Surrey. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I was riding said tiny slope in Surrey at the weekend and I can assure you there’s plenty there to stretch your wheels on!
    🙂

Stupidly I was on the Inbred though. (But it was a long ride, 850m climbing)
    🙁

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks Peter, also the bottom bracket shell gets warn, the cable routing is not great and rubs on the shell so I’ve taped that up.

I’d already done the inner chainstay area might double check mind and but some gaffer tape on it…classy 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Forge, I noticed mine already has a fairly big clear protector under the BB, but my cables don’t go anywhere near it. I guess that it depends on how the cables are set up on each individual bike?

forge197
    Free Member

Must be a feature of the pro, no clear protector on my comp 🙁

Still it’s a great bike so I forgive the poor cable routing, though I’d like to upgrade the brakes on mine to something better than the Hayes that are on it, like you must resist!! There’s nothing wrong with them, just a nice set of Hopes.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m definatley up for a Pitch Meet, although only having a lowly Comp I’d have to stay at the back on climbs (nothing to do with fitness levels or anything)

Mine has that little rub mark on the chainstay, it hasn’t got noticably worse than it was after 6 months of ownership, now on 17 months!!

Also under the BB, mine doesn’t rub the shell it just catches the BB Cup itslef, hardly worth bothering about really.

forge197
    Free Member

steve_b77 I have the lowly Comp too. Though I’ve changed alot of the cost “saving” elements 🙂

flamejob
    Free Member

I’m definatley up for a Pitch Meet, although only having a lowly Comp I’d have to stay at the back on climbs (nothing to do with fitness levels or anything)

Ua Ha! Does the fact it’s blue make a difference then 🙂

Of course, if we do Pitch Hill (or any other slightly more Northern friendly place, we’ll all have to be all mountain, freeride lite, gnarlcore hard, Agro XC gods!

*runs downstairs to check for rub

steve_b77
    Free Member

forge197 – Member
    steve_b77 I have the lowly Comp too. Though I’ve changed alot of the cost “saving” elements

erm, yup 😳

flamejob – Member

Ua Ha! Does the fact it’s blue make a difference then

Of course, if we do Pitch Hill (or any other slightly more Northern friendly place, we’ll all have to be all mountain, freeride lite, gnarlcore hard, Agro XC gods!

Yeah everyone knows Blue is slower up hill.

Preferably further North with hills, like Wales maybe?

I ride Mega gnarl core trail anyway so I’m sorted 😆

snotrag

To the OP and anyone else who’s looking – I work for Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op and I am pretty sure there is some Pitch’s in some of our stores – if anyone wants to email me their requests I will have a look tomorrow and let you know and you can get your name on one.

giddyrob
    Free Member

If you are 5’11” a medium is right on the money for you. Large might be a bit big. Depends on the riding you like doing.

One word of advise if you get one. Get onto chain reaction cycles and order a U-turn knob. The one that comes with it is sooooooooooooo crap! the bearings went rusty a week after getting the bike and made it unusable. For about 18 brick you can use it properly with a proper knob. I always use mine if I see a steep incline coming as you can turn in on the fly. Just wish there was a button to pop the sus all the way out when it goes down hill. Come on Rock Shox!

The bike is so much fun for so little money 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

giddy, all you gotta do is put some grease under there and you’re sorted.

Much cheaper too

giddyrob
    Free Member

anyone want a small, might be one here 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Come on find me a Large Pitch Pro!’ is closed to new replies.