Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Come on Lyon
  • geoffj

That is all.

Geoff (man u and Bolton fan aged 30 odd and 3/4)

lyons
    Free Member

huh?

voodoo_chile

u cannot support 2 teams from the same country …FACT

geoffj

😆

crispybacon
    Free Member

you're not praying hard enough geoffj coz they is looooozing mate #[/u]

Crispy bacon (Liverpool & Plymuff fan age 48yrs 3mths)

#[/u] I might live to regret saying that………gulp

geoffj

you're not praying hard enough geoffj coz they is looooozing mate

😥

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

result – is rafa on the way out?

Smee
    Free Member

Man utd & bolton? are you sure? Thats a bit like saying you're a man utd & man city fan, and shows you know bugger all about anything.

This type of result and the form this season shows what happens when you sell your best player and you best defender.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

you can't blame xabi for going, the way Rafa tried to offload him when courting gareth barry a year or so ago was appalling. and what about the Robbie Keane debacle. A year or so ago Liverpool looked like they were on the brink of something great. Now they seem ordinary and going backwards. early days in the season but they have already lost 4 preniership games iirc.

Smee
    Free Member

I dont blame xabi for going. Rafa and the board treated him like shit and failed to realise that it was him that made the team tick. Steven Gerrard isn't fit to lace his boots and I'd go so far as to say that Liverpool will not win the title while he still plays for them. Rafa is a strange man at times too.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

I can remember rafa saying how highly he rated robbie keane in a news conference before he joined liverpool. then inexplicably he never played him and returned to spurs 6 months later. All very odd. Dunno if Rafa or the board wanted Keano, but something seems amiss up there at the moment.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Something's been amiss for quite a few years. Liverpool overperformed by a long shot last season and only came within shouting distance of the title because of poor early seasons by Man Utd and Chelsea. A few more games, and Chelsea would have overhauled them anyway.

I'd be glad to see Rafa gone, not for the bad run of results, but I'd have gladly seen him gone three or four years ago. Winning the champions league was a hell of an achievement but it got him more loyalty from the board than he's deserved. He should have gone ages ago because he just hasn't got the mentality to win the league, no matter what team he plays. Someone needs to explain the basic arithmetic in the concept that winning two games and losing one gets you more points than winning one and drawing two. Ferguson has understood this for years and years.

I too was disgusted with how Xabi was treated. That bloke was a legend – really nice and intelligent guy; never heard a peep about him and his partner, worked hard for the team, stayed out of trouble with the ref most of the time; a real quality continental midfielder. Then, when Benitez wants some money-grabbing cock from Villa, he's happy to hang him out to dry. I'm surprised he stayed another season. Alonso and Gerrard are two different players; but SG is struggling to perform without the kind of work Alonso put in over and over again.

Mediochre season for Liverpool this year. I can't see Rafa lasting the season.

tails
    Free Member

You gotta love listening to football fans lose a couple and crys of sack the manager and the players. The two most successful teams in the EPL have the longest serving managers.

If you don't have any academy players coming through you have to get the cheque book out. Also where are your old hands like giggs, scholes, neville are murphy, berger, owen any worse than ngog, vorinin whoever else you play, hell your former golden buy is scoring for utd against city.

geoffj

Goan, when I started following football, Bolton and Man U were 3 divisions apart. It was perfectly acceptable to support a 1st and a 4th division team. And there are loads of Scottish fans who support Celtic or Rangers and their local team.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Well I don't know any geoffj! Seriously, the average supporter of a non old firm side has very little time for Celtic or Rangers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Come on Lyon’ is closed to new replies.