Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Combined phone/fax machine woes.
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Got an old one of these at home, but all the buttons and menus are in German, and so is the manual.

It works as a phone, but we don’t seem able to get it to make fax noises by calling it from mobiles. The question is, will it know if it’s a fax machine calling it? I didn’t think it would.

Maybe you pick up the handset, hear fax noises then do something?

Panasonic KXF 2700g in case that helps.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Have you got a copy of an old BBC micro or ZX81 programme on cassette?

molgrips
    Free Member

Er, might have, I’ll check when I get home.

🙄

trail_rat
    Free Member

seriously – who is going to be sending you faxes ? – the 1980s ?

molgrips
    Free Member

People who can’t figure out how to scan and email stuff?

Need a letter from the midwives at Cardiff UHW – letter might not be reliable or quick enough, and I don’t fancy asking them to scan it.

derp
    Free Member

Sounds like you are due an upgrade Molgrips….

molgrips
    Free Member

Hehe.. it came with the flat, I’ll have you know.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

People who can’t figure out how to scan and email stuff?

Need a letter from the midwives at Cardiff UHW – letter might not be reliable or quick enough, and I don’t fancy asking them to scan it

get them to take a photo (with their phone ?) and send it to you.

maccruiskeen

Is this letter a hand written letter, or has it been produced on some sort of computer?

trail_rat
    Free Member

from what i remember about faxes – is that trying to send a fax is like trying to get cake out of a VCR ….

email is a piece of piss comparitively

maccruiskeen

If it has to be faxed – rather than monkey around with a fax you don’t know about (those old home phone/faxes were so rubbish at receiving when they worked it was difficult to tell if they were broken), go round the corner to a local business and ask if they wouldn’t mind receiving the fax for you.

molgrips
    Free Member

I expect it’ll be signed…

We now think we know how it works.. and this will be easier than trying to find a local business who’ll help us out, trust me.

Or updating the NHS IT systems in the hospital. Yes I know email is easier, why tf do you think I don’t know how to use a fax machine? Cos I never bloody well use one!

molgrips
    Free Member

Aahhh.. yees.. I realised that g meant German but I didn’t think of adding an e for English! Searching for 2700 turned up nowt. Cheers 🙂

derp
    Free Member

Could you not try something like eFax?

…I should add I have never used them myself.

AlasdairMc

There will be a mode button on it somewhere to switch between Tel, Fax and Auto modes (auto may be differently named though). Auto mode allows you to use it as both a fax and phone as it detects inwards fax tones when you pick up the handset.

Although this advice is based on Samsung faxes and not the brand you’re on about, but they’re all roughly the same.

donsimon
    Free Member

will it know if it’s a fax machine calling it?

As AlasdairMc says it all depends on which mode is selected.
    New computer time…
    386 or 486?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Combined phone/fax machine woes.’ is closed to new replies.