Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • combi boiler help….. please!
  • khayamolly
    Free Member

hi out there,

i have a Bosch Worcester greenstar combi boiler I have a couple of problems with:

When I run the hot tap in the bathroom the boiler works fine for 3 -4 mins then trips out, restart and repeat. It only does this with this ONE hot tap in the house.

Recently when having a shower the hot water has become very twitchy ie it’s either scalding hot or freezing cold, all within about 5 mm rotation of the shower mixer.

both faults are in the bathroom which is at the same level as the boiler. Don’t know if that makes a difference but thought it might be relevant.

any thoughts anyone? (preferably folk with some plumbing heating knowledge!)

cheers
    Khayamolly.

Greybeard
    Free Member

The shower symptoms suggest the mixer may be faulty. I had a faulty shower mixer that allowed cross-flow between hot and cold, even when in the off position, so as soon as I turn off the hot tap, cold water backfed into the boiler. Don’t immediately see how that could cause your boiler symptoms but worth checking out – once your system is not working as designed lots of weird things can happen! Fixed by putting non-return valves in the the pipes to the shower (replacing the shower will be done sometime but is a big job as the pipes in the wall are non-standard).

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Rift in time-space continuam

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure how it trips out on the hot tap as the temperature is controlled to 58 ish degrees iirc from mine.

I suspect the two are separate faults and mixer sounds like a good one.

singletrackmind

Could be a faulty flow rate sensor . Lowish flow = very hot water , sensor then tells boiler tap/shower is off ( when it isnt ) and turns off heat. Water still runs but goes cold.
    See if you can recreate this by popping the cover and running a hot tap in the bathroom.
    The boiler will fire , and you will see flames, get your assistant to slowly turn down the flow rate. Shout when flames go out , if tap is still running then you have a problem somewhere.

khayamolly
    Free Member

thanks all single track mind sounds the mot likely as the shower is only a year old. However I am inclined to agree with dales rider and blame a rift in the space time continuum.
    thanks all will investigate

Khayamolly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘combi boiler help….. please!’ is closed to new replies.