Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • combi boiler disnae go off …
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

missus decided to tell me today that the boilers been on since wednesday but its ok she turned off all the radiators at the thermostats on each…..less said about that the better im sure

looked at the boiler and its going full tilt – despite being on the timer which is set to off.

short of turning the boiler off at the main "off switch" nothing stops the heating – and now we have no hot water .

anything i can do before phoning landlord – i know nowt will get done about it and im moving out in a month …..

Talkemada
    Free Member

'Disnae'?

What, as in Walt?

trail_rat
    Free Member

peasant ….or was that pedant ? im not quite sure

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Talkemada
    Free Member

🙁

midlifecrashes

It's broken.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Walt Disney is broken?

geoffj

anything i can do before phoning landlord

Phone the Landlord – it's no use having the downsides of being a tennant, if you can't get the landlord / factor / agent to sort stuff like that.

Talkie Toaster – are you really picking someone up for using colloquialisms?

trail_rat
    Free Member

sweeeet … its no mine – i have showers at work and the missus is off to work away for a bit ….

will let the land lord know – and that im moving out

Talkemada
    Free Member

Morning has broken, like the first morning
    Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
    Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
    Praise for the springing fresh from the word

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
    Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
    Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
    Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
    Born of the one light, Eden saw play
    Praise with elation, praise every morning
    God's recreation of the new day

trail_rat
    Free Member

do you drink/smoke pot/snort coke on the sabbath ?

midlifecrashes

Anyway to narrow it down, provided it's like 80% of combis out there, set any stat you have to minimum. There will be a mechanical timer or electronic programmer with a setting like on/timed/off. Assuming you've tried all of the options on this module, and it still runs, then the panel usually has a winter/summer switch where you set it for hot water only. If you've tried that as well then you've done all you can without digging into the gubbins you don't understand. If the timer/stat wiring hasn't gone kaput to call for heat all the time, then maybe a frost stat has failed or the hot water flow sensor. In any event you need the pros in, so call the landlord. I'm a landlord and when I do a place up I always put in an electric shower as well as a combi, so if one goes there's a standby until it's sorted.

trail_rat
    Free Member

shes facked ….

land lord will be phoned tomorrow night – as we need to phone anyway – just have to ignite it for getting hot water for a shower in the morning

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘combi boiler disnae go off …’ is closed to new replies.