Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Combatting Litter
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Russian style…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbs6eMxa5ds[/video]

I imagine she’ll probably get shot at some point…

jambourgie
    Free Member

Brilliant!

lemonysam
    Free Member

I saw a little old lady do the same thing to someone in a very expensive looking merc once, complete with emptying a drink over the seats and then just tootle off tutting. She was, and is, my hero.

footflaps

Good for her, I suspect she’ll get run over at some point….

weeksy

You’ve got to be a bit weird to be that loony about it though. Imagine the stress of spending all your life worrying about it.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I dunno, I imagine it’s quite good fun, as well as being a good thing to do.

hora
    Free Member

I smirked when I saw the email. At the top of my quiet road was a whitelightning style bottle on the road, I stopped picked it up and popped it on my passenger seat. Imagine if a cyclist rode past at the lights or a copper stopped me- thankfully I didn’t have anything to drink last night!

I do this on a bi-daily basis at the top of my road, usually crisp wrappers etc etc. Looks like the kids are graduating to harder stuff 😯

captaincarbon
    Free Member

I have done just that! Sat in the Hospital car park at Minehead during a lunh break, and watched as two lads form the local college scoffed the McD burgers and shakes and just discarded the lot out of the drivers side window, so i walked over and threw the lot back in piece by piece – cue lots of shouting and chest beating from the lads , i didnt say a word just directed their gaze to the CCTV cameras in the car park. They left pretty smartish but did stiop on the way out to put the rubbish in the nearest bin..

Also have been known to throw Cigarette butts back in car windows when they have just been thrown out. Thie invariably happens at junctions when im out on the saturday club run, never been chased down by the car drivers though . . . too busy trying to save the floor carpets from burns!

johndoh
    Free Member

I have so often wanted to do that LOL

kayak23

Fantastic. If we all started doing that it would be great, plus we could compare black eyes. 😀

Freester

Discarded Maccy D bags in the country lanes where I ride really boils my **ss.

I really wonder if there was a way of putting a unique code on the drive thru bag and associating it with a camera grab of the car reg. If the bag was handed back in then the car reg was banned from the drive thru.

Yes I know there are lots of holes with this plan but it might make people think twice before believing the road / countryside is less precious than the interior of their sooped up ricey boy Nova.

kayak23

Discarded Maccy D bags

If folks aren’t too bothered about putting that rubbish inside them, they’ll never much mind putting it outside.. 😉

andyl
    Free Member

Freester that is actually a very good idea.

A machine could quickly print the car reg on all the packaging. Maybe the same should be done for counter sales as we move into a cash-free world with contactless payments? They could put a unique code linked to your payment card.

johndoh
    Free Member

That is a good idea, it couldn’t be the car reg though, it would be too open to abuse. If it was a completely random code, they could have a website where you could type it in, along with a postcode and if the two marry up (say within a 50 mile radius) the reg number could get a six month ban from all drive-throughs.

EDIT: I don’t think there are any Novas anymore though, I assume you mean Corsa granddad? 😉

pictonroad

I stopped on my bike and grabbed the handful of butts and fag packets that had been deposited out the window of car. As I passed the car I threw the lot hard into the back seat and called the driver a fat waste of skin.

She went MENTAL. It was brilliant. 8)

captaincarbon
    Free Member

😆

Pook

I threw a lucozade bottle back into a big merc 4×4 up on houndkirk moor once. My made didn’t know what to think!

hora
    Free Member

Your maid? Posh folk in Sheffield.

senorj

Fantastic.
    I worked with a fella who picked up & handed a lady her dog’s(fresh) eggs, after she had let it mess up his drive.
    “excuse me missus , you’ve left this behind” then wallop , in her hand.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Many years ago I watched a female friend chuck half a carton of milk back into a car. That was fantastic. She had been now to do the same with chip wrappers as well.

rickk

Good stuff, I’ve been known to return litter to sender, very satisfying – ensure escape route is clear..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on all the McShiteyDonalds crap that appears all over the countryside, I’ve come across it everywhere, the most remote being on the road between Gunnerside & Reeth. Where the nearest McWankburger is to there I have no idea!
    What do these buffoons do, save it up & hoy it out the window as an ‘advertisement’ that they actually eat this shite or what?

Just 3 weeks ago we were finishing a ride & heading back to Reeth (similar scenario) when we were passed by a crappy silver 7 seater with a flattish front tyre, a blue fag packet came out the passenger side window which immediately got my wee boiling. Back at Reeth after loading up, me, my lad & matey were chilling & chatting & these 2 dodgepots came over & asked if we had a jack they could borrow. I asked what kind of car it was for & one of them said it was a Renault, I asked if it was silver & noticed one of them taking a fag out a blue fag packet. Cue question time…..Cue a bollicking from me & a half hearted ‘sorry’ from the dodgy looking city boy. Tossers the lot of em!

neilthewheel

I was walking past a flash BMW with darkened windows in that London once when the passenger window rolled down and a drinks carton flew out. It was back in again before he could get the window up.

A lady acquaintance once followed a dog owner who’d left his dog eggs on a footpath near her home. When he got to his car she mashed the whole contents of the bag into the air vents on the bonnet. Superb.

project
    Free Member

local cycle route, woman dogger walker dog does a deposit, i stopped to watch if she picked it up, she did, then walked on leaving it at middle of path, so i rode up and lobbed it over the nearest house fence, suddenly head appears above fence screaming at me, i point out i dont have a dog and the lady does, he then starts screaming at her he is going to follow her home and shit on her lawn.

So funny and so relieving of tension by the house owner.

jambourgie
    Free Member

😀

oldnick

Love the direct action stories 🙂

And it gets better, a girl I was out on a date/walk with was impressed by the fact I picked up litter whilst out walking in the woods.
    Very impressed 😉

dudeofdoom

Yeah don’t really get the putting in a bag and leaving it behind turd thing…….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I think that they only do this because there are people about at the time of the dog egging, and they don’t want to be seen leaving it, so they pick it up, then drop it when no ones about. ****.

Cracking wee story Project!

Northwind

dudeofdoom – Member

It’s so that when someone throws it into your car, it makes less mess. Dur.

brooess
    Free Member

We should do more direct action. I’m not very willing to get thumped tho’

kimbers

this was on the 7stanes FB page……

Glentrool today, this guy bagged his dog’s turd up and threw it to the side of the path instead of binning it,
    Someone got the bag and emptied the turd onto the car.
    Hopefully a lesson learnt.

Glentrool today, this guy bagged his dog's turd up and threw it to the side of the path instead of binning it,Someone got the bag and emptied the turd onto the car.Hopefully a lesson learnt.

Posted by Graham Kelly on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Combatting Litter’ is closed to new replies.