Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Columbus tubing
  • HansRey

Just wondering if there are any companies who still make frames with columbus steel tubing? It could be a new way to be even more niche..

Reason for asking; my oldish roadie has STX (or similar, the sticker is worn).

GJP
    Free Member

Enigmabikes use a mix of Columbus XCR (Stainless), Spirt, Life on their steel road bikes. Isn't the cove handjob also Columbus tubing

HansRey

you're right, handjobs are! are there any other frames?

GJP
    Free Member

IndyFab use XCR as well

Ed2001
    Free Member

Most road frame builders working in steel use or will use columbus tubing if you ask them too. Chas Roberts,Bob Jackson, Brian Rourke, Steve Goff ,Woodrup ,Burls to name just a few. So not that niche really.

HansRey

i meant for MTB, seeing as this is a mtb forum. just seems that reynolds have the bigger share of the market; trying to find out why.

i'd like a steel HT, would like it to be a columbus steel HT even more so. So long as it isn't a cove…

Ed2001
    Free Member

Sorry I must have missed the mtb reference in your opening thread I only saw you mention your old road bike 😆 People talk about lots of things on here not just mtb.

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

There is a custom builder in oz called Gellie who makes MTB frames from most varieties of Columbus.

Probably not much use to you though..

juan
    Free Member

the new hj is in tange loveliness

richc
    Free Member

aren't kona's steel frames Columbus? they certainly used to be

oldfart

Kona no longer make steel frames afaik

richc
    Free Member

You sure, they have one on their 2010 site:

http://www.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=explosif

Ed2001
    Free Member

If your desperate for a columbus steel frame go ask some of the builders I mentioneed earlier Chas roberts builds mtb frames so does Brian rourke and Burls.

GJP
    Free Member

The Enigma Ego ST is a Columbus Steel hardtail. Sounds right up your street!

Norton
    Free Member

What about a Scapin? My Nope is Columbus Spirit and rides beautifuly – you may need deep pockets though and not sure if Veloce bikes are still importing.

HansRey

i like scapin, alot! Might warrant a holiday to italy, once i'm a high flying exec or bailed out b(w)anker…

tootin

Now that is nice

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Columbus tubing’ is closed to new replies.