Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Colour Printer
  • wallace1492
    Free Member

Hi, any recomendations for a cheapish colour printer?

davidjones15
    Free Member

Cheap to buy or cheap to run?
    I have a Samsung which wasn’t so cheap to buy but is cheap to run and a Canon that was quite cheap to buy and with non-branded cartridges is quite cheap to run.
    Stay well away from Lexmark.
    Kodak had some good deals on ink, not sure if they still do.

What are you proposing to use it for? This might affect your choice.

wallace1492
    Free Member

General use. Not needing photo standard, just quite clear, crisp print. For maybe flyers (small amounts) documents, CV, etc. Good standard, but does not need to be top quality.

davidjones15
    Free Member

My Canon iP3600 would probably fit the bill. Cost me about 40 quid and the cartridges are about 6-7 quid each. I bought it as the colours came in seperate cartridges rather than a single cartridge containing three colours.
    That’s for colour.
    The Samsung is B&W ML 1610, toner lasts for ages, I’ll let you look up the costs.
    Quality on both is fine.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Cheers David. How long roughly does the cartridge last? I know it depends on what you are printing, but how mant sheets roughly from full cartridges?

nickjb
    Free Member

Sounds like you’d be better off with a laser. I had a samsung which was OK but not great. Just picked up an old OKI via ebay which is much better.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Ball of string?
    One cartrdige lasted me a couple of years with regular printing, maybe 20 or so sheets per week at a very, very wild rough guess.
    I don’t really know to be honest. Sorry. 🙁

printingdeals
    Free Member

In market you can find the any range of color printer .The cheapest printer i have found so far is OKI Printing Solutions C330dn.This low-priced workgroup model balances good speed and features with merely tolerable color quality and toner costs.It costs only $310

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Colour Printer’ is closed to new replies.