Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Colour matching SLX cranks & chainring
  • bowglie

Just wondered if anyone has found a 1X narrow/wide chainring that matches the colour of the current SLX cranks? If you have can you let me know please.

nairnster
    Free Member

They’re predominantly silver with a silver spider aren’t they?

bikeneil
    Free Member

Are you hanging it in a gallery or riding it?

bowglie

Yes, the spider is sort of sand blasted aluminium finish, but the arms are the two-tone aluminium & grey. I’m wondering about a either trying to match the sand blasted finish of the spider, or get a contrast by finding a grey that’s a close match to the crank arms. (Strewth, talk about First World problems eh!;)

I spotted Superstars do an anodised grey chainring, but not sure how good a match it’d be. Anyone know of any brands that do a matt aluminium finish 1x ring?

bowglie

Oh, it’ll get ridden alright – it’s just such a nice frame, I’m trying to bling it up a bit …….albeit on a shoestring budget.

nairnster
    Free Member

I just banged a black Raceface N/w on my older Slx. Close enough match to not worry about it.

Bregante

Don’t know what the problem is here. I’m thinking about doing exactly the same.

In fact I’ve just found these which match my chain beautifully.

andyl
    Free Member

Build it, ride it in the mud. Done

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’m confused. Didn’t know people like you existed!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Spot the difference 😉

Goldigger
    Free Member

The handbags more expensive?

RichBowman

Hi,

Superstar NW (Gunmetal/Grey) on my SLX cranks:

Looks okay to me… Works fine too (which is the important bit…)

Rich

unovolo
    Free Member

Superstars do an anodised grey chainring

I also have the above, got it as I already have some Gunmetal Grey alu bolts on the bike, however the Chainring is more of a blue/Grey than a true Gunmetal so doesn’t match anyway.

Still using it but will replace it with a Black one once it wears out.

bowglie

Cheers for the feedback re: colour. Good to know the SS chainring works well too. Just got to find a huge expander cog for the cassette now, so that I can winch my old fat ass up the hills……something like a 50t might do it! (The colour’ll have to match tho;))

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Colour matching SLX cranks & chainring’ is closed to new replies.