Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Colour dilemma. Let's see your steel hardtails then
  • binners

emanuel – its RAL 5015. Or Greggs Blue, to give it its now official title. The frames in the LBS getting the BB faced, and headset fitted. The graphics were shipped yesterday apparently. The work stand and a big pile of new goodies are stacked in the dining room (much to Mrs Binners delight).

So it’ll be built up this week. I’m planning a ride this weekend, to take in some great local trails, and finish at the nations premier purveyor of pies and pasties, for a suitable pastry-centric photo 😀

IHN – I had a look for your graphics last night. Inexplicably, they weren’t in the folder marked ‘Vector files that I take the time to draw up for my mates, that’ll they’ll then go and bloody lose’. So I’ll check out my various external drives later. Its bound to be in there amongst the music and grot somewhere 😉

hora
    Free Member

ryderredman – Member
    My BFe:

What RAL/where from? That is NICE.

Binners- love the Greggs idea 😀

binners

I can’t take any credit for it Hora. It was Flashy’s flippant remark, that we then realised was actually pretty bloody inspired, and the Greggs colour scheme is actually a pretty nice colour combination. 😀

sefton
    Free Member

DJ cycles? I saw a blue frame in the window last night!

dannyh
    Free Member

Binners

Nice paint job – but why any decals? Just a nice bold decal head tube badge (maybe some kind of roundel) and then leave the rest?

binners

Sefton – that is indeed the little beauty.

why any decals?

Well I’ve had them custom made by Slik. I should have them next couple of days. They’re white Orange Logo’s on the down tube, P7 logo and this for the top tube

😀

hora
    Free Member

I’d love rootbeer brown (a la Santa Cruz circa 2004)- its not possible though is it?

binners

Course it is. You can have whatever colour you want. Anyway…. you coming out to play on Monday? You don’t reply to my texts any more. Who is he then, you slag?

hora
    Free Member

**** biatch. Cant we do something decent?!! Unless you’ve got the girls/hence clayton?

emanuel
    Free Member

binners
    thanks!

tom83
    always liked that shade. nice.

paint is bloody hard.

BigDummy
    Free Member

This is excellent binners. 🙂

After a long-ish debate, my new frame is RAL 8007 – Fawn brown.

binners

Well I built it up over the weekend. And it doesn’t look half bad in its pasty-based awesomeness 😀

Finished!!!! Well… the dropper cable routing needs sorting, but I couldn’t be arsed, cos I just wanted to get out on it!

and with a light dusting of mud, after a christening run yesterday….

So thanks to Flashy for the colour scheme suggestion. Truly inspired! 😀

Bregante

That looks ace mate 🙂

RustyMac

That looks really nice that does. Thought you may have gone orange for the P7 logo to expand on the blue orange white theme and I can’t say I think much of the red chain stay protector.

However on a more serious note what is going on with the mould on the wall.

binners

Its the neighbours wall, not mine. I’m thinking of going around and having a word though

The red chain stay protector is actually bright orange, it just looks red in the pictures for some reason

plumber
    Free Member

Good work there Binners and Flash

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Likes*

Great to see this built up, Binners! Happy trails…..!

bigblackshed

That’s a “cracking” colour scheme. Shame it’s an Orange. 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

Just thought I’d post on this thread again for two reasons.

A) To put the Greggs paint job at the top of the forum because it is absolutely lovely. Irrespective of the amusement value of the decals, the colour and frame are great to look at.

B) To ask binners whether he is certifiable using a ziptie on his spanking new paint job to secure the dropper cable. To quote Gary from Men Behaving Badly, “are you mad? are you madder than Brian Mad of Madcastle? Are you”. There is no way I’d let a ziptie anywhere near that paint. All you needed to do was put a thin strip of electrical tape on first, then ziptie and ride, then sort it properly.

After all you put us through choosing that paint job, the least you owe us is to look after it!

Obviously using the bb and down tube to play rock hockey is fine, though.

matther01
    Free Member

Loving the colour scheme and decals. Can you get a sponsorship binners? It may improve their image…unless you’re a fat bloater on a bike? 😉

hora
    Free Member

Binners – whats the name etc of that place? Edit/got it. too far.

binners

E-reg Coatings.

They’re right next to work. If you drop it in with me, I’ll pop it in for you. fifty sheets for an acid dip and powder coat. They really did do a superb job of it. As you can see from the piccies

honourablegeorge

Northwind

I like a brown soul, or an orange soul, or a custard soul, or even a builder’s tea soul but there’s no getting away from it, black and white is the correct colour.

wwaswas

Could be time for another colour change.

No one wants to be a muppet by association…

davidy
    Free Member

Bit late to the party, heres my Buzzard, in clear coat.

Its currenty stripped and built onto a Cotic Simple frame, minus the gears obviously! Frame is for sale now I think.

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Colour dilemma. Let's see your steel hardtails then’ is closed to new replies.