Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Colour coded categories at multi lap marathons.
  • At Mountain Mayhem the solos were given a reflective band to wear so that following riders would know they were solo.
    At SITS we were given coloured stickers.
    It would always be nice to know if the rider I’m catching, or who has just overtaken me, is racing in the same category. It’s not always possible to look back and read their number board.

How about some sort of colour coded tag to wear or fix to the bike that’s visible from behind with the colours standardised across all events ?

I haven’t really thought about the colours, but maybe something like;
    Red = Solo
    Blue = Pair
    Green = Team
    White stripe = veteran
    Black stripe = Singlespeed
    Maybe some system of coloured dots for male, female or mixed teams.

I don’t think there’s any need to make it compulsory, but it would be a nice if it became common voluntarily.
    It’s hard to know who’s who in a field of hundreds of bikes. It would be good if I could look out for the red with a white stripe tags and know that they are the ones I am competing with directly.

wwaswas

They coudl give you soemthing that delivers a small electric shock as you’re overtaken by someone in the same category as you. Would avoid trying to spot coloured panels through the mud 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Colour coded categories at multi lap marathons.’ is closed to new replies.