Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Colour Blind what issues do you have?
  • franksinatra

A school friend struggled with green and brown and asked me which was which. So he ended up with some trees with green trunks and brown leaves.

Don’t worry about it. He (along with about 1 in 7 other blokes) probably thought it looked great!

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh yeah, does anyone else struggle to see red laser pointers? I can spot them if they are still

Whoah!

I didn’t read this post yesterday, but last night I had a dream where I was in a presentation and the guy had a laser pointer that was intertially damped, so as he moved it around there was a bit of lag and it moved smoothly. This meant that when he pointed it at something it didn’t jiggle around, but stayed rock steady.

Crazy coincidence.

scc999

Yep – red laser pointers are a bit useless for me. Thankfully I don’t attend many meetings where they are used!

Si

enfht
    Free Member

My grandad fluffed his RAF colour blind test, didn’t hold him back though (Wing Commander and DFC) 8)

ski
    Free Member

Again for me, those LED charging lights that switch from red to green are a nightmare for me!

As a kid I used to paint the sky yellow and the grass blue in paintings I did, but that was because I liked the colours orange and purple 😉

sobriety
    Free Member

Fail, I can see that and I’m colour blind.

Bugger, back to the drawing board.

bigdawg
    Free Member

im a bit of an oddity according to my optician – Im red green colour blind in my left eye and blue green etc colour blind on my right eye.

Can cause problems when Im hurtling towards red tape marking a race course and I dont actually notice the tape! Clothes shopping under artificial lights is impossible unless my kids tell me what the colours are.

One plus side to it though is that camouflage does not work. Someone / thing hiding using camouflage I can see as clear as day – I was advised when I found out to apply for the marines as as a sniper I would be one step ahead but at 25 (22 years ago!) I was too old…

molgrips
    Free Member

My eyes are both different, they have a slightly different colour cast. One is more bluey, the other reddy, as if the colour temperature setting is different. Googling suggests this is not common – at least I can’t find anything about it.

franksinatra

When I had a Flymo I had to replace the orange cable with blue one after it camoflauged itself in the grass one time too many.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

When our kids were babies I was very aware that I could not determine if they were going an odd colour – red, green, yellow or blue – fever, sick, jaundiced or oxygen starved – probably explains heaps about my two lads!! 😯

Northwind

molgrips – Member

My eyes are both different, they have a slightly different colour cast. One is more bluey, the other reddy, as if the colour temperature setting is different. Googling suggests this is not common – at least I can’t find anything about it.

Maybe all the responses are in purple text and you can’t see them.

rewski
    Free Member

Have we done this: I got 24, not bad for a colour blind designer, addictive

http://game.ioxapp.com/color/

njee20
    Free Member

I also got 24, and got stuck on a couple…!

nickjb
    Free Member

I can consistently get to 26 in about 30-40 seconds then I really can’t see it. Might be the limit of my monitor. Got 27 once but wasn’t convinced.

d4
    Free Member

Just got to 30 on first go. Not risking a second. Did involve a bit of screen tipping around.

molgrips
    Free Member

moonsaballoon

14 for me ! Red and brown on a snooker table are exactly the same for me and I once bought a purple car thinking it was royal blue . Most clothes are navy or black after a few embarrassing moments . It’s not something that I think about day to day , never knew any different

franksinatra

Cougar

First go,

“After identification, you are:
    Goat lv36″

Persistence of vision legs you up after a bit; I found I had to look away a couple of times to let my vision recover.

markgraylish
    Free Member

15 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

leeroybrown
    Free Member

26 for me, pleased with that i’ll get my non colour blind mrs to see how see gets on

stevied
    Free Member

Yep, I’m colour blind too. Can’t see any numbers in the pics earlier 😥

Worst incident for me was when I was about 12..

Worked at a local snooker hall and managed to play in an exhibition match against Willie Thorne. Was going really well, on a potentially frame winning break, when I potted the brown instead of a red (thinking the brown was a red). Willie asked why I’d done it I told him I was colour blind and genuinely thought I was playing the red. He got the ref to reset the balls…won the frame, lost the next 2 by quite a lot of points..lovely bloke, 🙂

GrahamS

Fifty Shades of Grey (colorblind version):

http://www.boredpanda.com/color-thesaurus-char-ingrid-sundberg/

johndoh
    Free Member

21 for me – nearly got stuck on 16 though.

ianhamilton
    Free Member

If you’re having trouble with the tube map, search for ‘colourblind tube map’ on the iOS or Android app stores, it is a free app that contains various redesigned maps for different vision impairments, including pattern and coulour together for colourblindness.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Just downloaded ^^^ absolutely brilliant, now if London Underground would print the corresponding maps on some of the posters in their stations that would be terrific.

Edukator
    Free Member

The age at which I was told I couldn’t be a pilot. They didn’t tell me geologist was also on the list so I managed that with a little help from a colour assistant in one exam.

My wife moans when I slow down for green traffic lights at night. I can only be certain it’s green when I can see it’s not the top light because top = stop.

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Colour Blind what issues do you have?’ is closed to new replies.