Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Colorado ski-ing: options for family skiing?
  • Alex

We’re thinking of visiting some friends in Denver feb Half Term. Kids (10 and 11) been ski-ing once five years ago, but we thought we’d all have a go learning to snowboard.

Option a) is to buy some cheap flights and then get some SC/Hotel for a few nights in Breckenridge and book lessons. Option b) is to risk the horror of one of the ski packages… which looks like it could be cheaper.

Any experiences/recommendations of decent travel companies to use?

chilli
    Free Member

I went to Copper Mountain with Crystal a couple of years ago just because they were much cheaper than anybody else, accomodation was ok,transfer on time,plane was cramped but you get what you pay for i guess, Colorado rules, so much snow,excellent lifts,cheap beer and food,i must go back!

klutz
    Free Member

I would also recommend Copper, its got a great ski school program. Accommodation is at the base of the mountain and all pretty good.
    That said, you have so many options in summit county its hard to decide, personally I also love Keystone, and Breckenridge. Breckenridge has more of a real ‘town’ feel to it with many wild west style buildings, and some great restaurants. Keystone has some better beginners pistes, one of which is about 4 miles long.
    If you book a package with any of the Vail resorts (Breckenridge, Keystone,A Basin or Vail), you should have the option to be able to spend a day at another resort if you get board.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Colorado ski-ing: options for family skiing?’ is closed to new replies.