Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cologne / Koln – good things to see, places to eat, etc.?
  • ourmaninthenorth

Dr North is holed up there for the next three days attending a tedious sounding conference. She is without guidebook, but I figured you lot would have plenty of suggesitons as to intersting things to see, places to eat etc. that I could pass on.

So, without further ado, it’s over to you….

Cheers

OMITN

😀

FoxyChick
    Free Member

The most fantastic Christmas market…oh… 😯

8)

alexpalacefan

The cathedral is fantastic, and there’s a pretty damngood Roman archaeology museum.

On the down side the local beer Kolsch (I think) is pretty pissy, just week lager ;(

Hope she has a good time

A

ourmaninthenorth

So I’ve heard, FC, so I’ve heard….

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers alex – she’s staying near the Cathedral, and has headed out there for a look this evening.

DrJ

There’s the clinic where I had back surgery. Pretty nice but not really a tourist attraction.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

If you like beer, most of the Kolsch lagers are very good indeed.

Generally light flowery fresh tasting, and served in modest sized glasses, particularly good unless you have never tried a decent lager and have bludgeouned your buds on carling tin tasting muck.

LoulaBella
    Free Member

The neumarket is just down from the center of town, its less over priced beer and more great boutiques, bars and restraunts. Lots of students hang out there. There is a great noodle restraunt called ‘Moshi Moshi’ you can even where a massive paper bib to protect your clothing from over zealous noodle consumption. Also try a shot of kilerpitsh liquor.

hora
    Free Member

I remember sitting in a bar in Koln on NY’s day year before last and drinking cups of tea as I couldnt face booze- cant remember the rest of the place as I drove over from Bruhl.

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers all – speshly LoulaBella, as this is just the sort of thing she’ll like.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

well, we always found a good night out is the following, into Gaucho Argentinian steak house in Barbarrosa platz for a lump of barely cooked steak, then, into the capri lounge for a few cocktails, swiftly move onto Bruegels, this will remind you of a 1980’s wine bar, though watch out for the prostitutes at the back as the night wears on, then, when you’ve had enough of this place, round to stardust for some eastern european table dancers……..remember to change your euros into stardust dollars to secrete them about the tabledancers person.

atlaz
    Free Member

For food, the best places we ate last time were Vintage (http://www.vintage.info/vintage.php) and Le Moissonnier (www.lemoissonnier.de). Would go back to both of them like a shot.

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers peeps.

PS Dr North is a lady, so I’m not sure how well she’ll take to the idea of paying lapdancers in stardust dollars….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cologne / Koln – good things to see, places to eat, etc.?’ is closed to new replies.