Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Collectors of stuff from "your era"
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

My era was the 80s and I’ve recently made a couple of air pistol purchases from this time.

Two that I always wanted as a kid but couldn’t have because my mum was very anti-guns.

A Smith & Wesson 79G in .177 and today I received a BSA Scorpion in .22 calibre.
    Both are in remarkably good condition.

Does anybody else collect with this criterion? Oh – and how do you stop….

bencooper
    Free Member

How do you define your era?

Muke
    Free Member

This does it for me…

[video]http://youtu.be/HeEWtNaW6KE[/video]

chip
    Free Member

That Evel Knievel toy at the end,
    I had to through a full on paddy in the middle of a toy shop before my dad bought that for me.
    It was my favourite thing ever.

MoreCashThanDash

Not collected as such but when my parents moved house they found my old boxed ZX Spectrum……

drlex
    Free Member

Sorting out stuff for moving next month & I rediscovered my Mac from 1987. Plugged it in and it still booted up; now I feel that I can’t take it to the dump. An evening of “Dark Castle” beckons…

derek_starship
    Free Member

Bencooper.

I define it as secondary school to late teens.

The formative years as they say.

chip
    Free Member

I would love to own this .

It is identical to one my mum owned when I was a little kid.
    My dad had a white one identical to harry styles.

ivantate
    Free Member

Honda ATCs.

Going to keep growing the collection too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Whilst at uni I bought an Atari ST hard disk that I had coveted as a child, from eBay about £20. A couple of years ago I also bought the coveted monochrome monitor. You have reminded me to look out for the colour one too 🙂

Cougar

See, I knew there was a reason I liked you.

jekkyl

I had this guy but his head was squishy.

dudeofdoom

The Barrito place in bath has a n original zx spectrum screwed on the wall……

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve tool my workmate that I had one and it got my into the career that paid for my house.

I did buy a bbc model b for £3 …. I’d could never afford one at the time they came out…..

dudeofdoom

Re the Capri I had a 1.3 Mk2 and tbh I wouldn’t wish one on only anyone ….. They were a bit crap….

chip
    Free Member

Mk1 Capri a thing of sheer beauty, mk2 pig ugly, mk3 lovely again.

Although my mums had a lawn in the boot were she once spilt grass seed.

dudeofdoom

Pretty to look at pretty shite to drive thou 🙂

Had a mk1 golf Gti no looker but a real handling thing at time and a classic for the right things.

chip
    Free Member

I had a mk11 GTi in lipstick red with 16v engine I fitted.
    I was young and stupid and wrote it off driving like a cock .
    It was rocket powered though .
    After which my bank manager agreed to lend me £10000 to replace it with a corrado vr6.

But then rang me up and invited me in for a chat to tell me he had since changed his mind.
    I was very peed off and demanded he gave me £150 compensation for my disappointment and he suprisingly agreed.

TooTall
    Free Member

I recently bought a Casio VL Tone which I will give to my daughter along with the CD Walkman I still have.
    These totems of my youth will baffle her entire generation.

molgrips
    Free Member

See, I knew there was a reason I liked you

Feel the love 🙂 my mouse is broken tho.. Need to look out for another. Which reminds me I don’t think I still have my Star LC 10 colour printer.. Wonder what happened to that.

sweepy
    Free Member

Ive not been in a kayak for years, but when I was into whitewater this was the boat I always wanted but never bought. So I got this a couple of weeks ago on a whim. Now where’s me spraydeck.

JoeG
    Free Member

Retrobikes! 😀 Five so far, two last year, two this year… 😳

ski
    Free Member

Is this not one of the joys of having kids? So you can play with stuff from your childhood again.

Lego collection has been added too 😉

scalextric car collection now has mk1 minis v bmw minis 😉

Airfix models now redone correctly without air rifle wounds….

peterfile
    Free Member

pictonroad

I started this when we had a kid, something to do with eBay on the phone I think. lego, scalextric, cars, tamiya. It’s endless. Had a word with myself and have passed most of it on except the lego. Some stuff IS timeless.

Cougar

I’ve got a Casio watch somewhere. It’s broken.

Now, that’s timeless.

bencooper
    Free Member

Okay, maybe I do have a slight thing for digital watches. This is a bit before my era:

Hewlett Packard HP-01 by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

And this is another fun one:

Casio Cosmo Phase by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

Daffy

My 3 favourite Star Wars toys of the era were my Y-wing, my Rebel Transporter and my B-wing.

I have a Mint-in-Box version of each and that’s where I stopped.

footflaps

Okay, maybe I do have a slight thing for digital watches.

My first one had to have a button pressed for the display to power as it was LED not LCD…..

teasel
    Free Member

I’ve got a Casio watch somewhere. It’s broken.

Now, that’s timeless.

Badum-tish!

I have the Casio TC-800 from the early 80s – the first touch screen calculator watch. Found it recently in a bag of crap from a few moves ago, stuck in a new battery and the bloody thing still works!

slowoldman

Pretty much everything from my childhood is shit by today’s standards. Offhand I can’t think of anything I would want back.

footstomper
    Free Member

It was the bike that wet dreams where made of back in the Day 😆 I know you can get similar ones now but they do not have the proper gear stick like this. The 70s Mountain Bike 😀

back2basics
    Free Member

AT AT and Vaders Tie Fighter that the wing sprung off.

also

“are you tellin me, you built a time machine………out of a deLorean!” VCR tape.

chip
    Free Member

Wrinkly left hand from running around gripping a large king Edward that looked more like a natural sponge and then having to sneak in to liberate some more ammo when your mum was not looking.

And stingers made out of a ruler sticky tape and a clothes peg , then off to mr Patels for a couple of packs of coloured elastic bands.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’ve taken a couple of pictures of the BSA Scorpion I recently acquired:

Very 80s I think. Big, bold and inlaid with gold 😮

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Collectors of stuff from "your era"’ is closed to new replies.