collection only on ebay

Home Forum Chat Forum collection only on ebay

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • collection only on ebay
  • seavers

Has the auction finished? If not sounds like the seller wants a cash deal outside of ebay maybe? To avoid fee’s by cancelling the after the buyer collects.

Rosss

What needs collecting and how soon?

Premier Icon paladin
    Subscriber

Seller only has proper protection if they send by a trackable means. Either that or cash on collection.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

How important is it and where does it need to get to; I can tentatively offer assistance pending answers!

yunki

no.. it’s got a day or two left to go.. he’s happy to accept paypal, but collection only

it’s not massively important.. a cheap bike as I’m having to downgrade for financial reasons, and coincidentally I’ve found a bike that fits the bill that I’ve had a soft spot for in the past

I need it to get down to me here in Devon

Rosss

No promises but I might be able to help out, I’m not far from Stafford at all. Could possibly post it on to you or I will be down Cornwall/Devon in a month

seavers

Might be a case of arranging a courier. This can be done for as little as £25 but they don’t offer any kind of insurance. I have posted bikes this way in the past and only when I have made the buyer fully aware that when the bike leaves my possession I can not be responsible for any problems.

CountZero

Possibly concerned about cost of postage/courier, how about contacting the vendor and seeing if they’ll let you arrange and pay for courier collection from their location, as you suggested, or how about mentioning the delivery service that some stores are offering?
    I bought a Record vice that someone had highlighted on here, and that was collection only. If it wasn’t for the fact that I was intending to spend the day a few miles from the seller’s location, I wouldn’t have bothered, and I could see why it was collection only when I picked it up to put in the boot… 😯

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

I’m down your way a couple of times a month and live quite close to Stafford.

I don’t mind helping you out even though you come across as **** on here.

yunki

ahhh, thanks Stu you say the kindest things.. 😀

So it’s worth me bidding on said item then..?
    One of you smashing fellas is gonna help me out..?

I suppose it would be the ideal opportunity for me to get you that pint that I owe you Stu…

Subscriber

Not promissing the earth but I’ll try and help you out.

A few more details about the pick up might help.

yunki

I’ll get in touch with the seller for more details.. 🙂

Junkyard

YGM as I think you are ACE 😀

Subscriber

Just give us a shout and i’ll do me best for you.

BTW you don’t owe me anything.
    I’m glad to help the nice guys on here.

yunki

what is the best way to persuade a seller to send the goods..?

offer to arrange a courier myself..?

alternatively, are there any regulars in the Stafford area..?

seavers

Proper thread. Helping each other out and that 😀

Premier Icon paladin
    Subscriber

seavers – Member
    Might be a case of arranging a courier. This can be done for as little as £25 but they don’t offer any kind of insurance. I have posted bikes this way in the past and only when I have made the buyer fully aware that when the bike leaves my possession I can not be responsible for any problems

As long as its trackable to their address I would think that would be OK, but if it disappeared I think you’d be screwed.

Premier Icon prettygreenparrot
    Subscriber

Arrange a courier. Once the seller hands those goods over to your ‘agent’ it’s all your responsibility.

For bikes I think collection in person is the only real way to do it.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

I’m traveling to exmouth in next month and no hassle to go m6 way, so if all offers fall through let me know. If it’s an original Klein I might rip you off though 😉

yunki

I’m not gonna swear or cry.. I’m not sure if I was just tooo stingy or just didn’t quite have strong enough ebay-fu..

But this original Voodoo Erzulie has slipped through my grasp.. 🙁

It would have fitted the bill perfectly, with a braze on disk mount and a powdercoat due at some point down the line..

If you were the lucky bidder (there were only two, mano et mano) and are hoping to sell it on, please get in touch
    I might buy the Dyson in Sausagefingers’ post to cheer me up

Thanks for all the kind offers of assistance, a much better use of the forum than bickering over politics and wheels sizes.. 😀

Olly

ask him if a courier collecting it counts? All he has to do it take it to work with him and hand it over when the bloke turns up.

Premier Icon psling
    Subscriber

Don’t know how tall you are yunki but I’ve got an old Orange P7 frame you’re welcome to (steel, disc tabs, will take 100mm forks, 19″ – suit 6’ish) which Stu may be happy to transport if he’s coming my way at any time before he heads your way??!

yunki

thanks psling, but I am knee high to a grasshopper, well… 5’8

I’d feel a bit lost on a 19″

and not just that but, aaaaaaaaah christ, I’m not gonna lie.. I’m heartbroken about that Erzulie

I very very nearly bought one when they were first released and then wavered and went on holiday instead..
    It’s gonna be tricky finding something else that can meet the criteria that will get me to part with the Cotic..

skids

I wouldn’t send it unless a good chunk of cash was added on top of the postage costs like maybe £50 extra or something to package it up

Premier Icon psling
    Subscriber

Hope it was a good holiday… 😆

May be worth keeping your eye on Retrobike,the come up fairly often.Stick a wtb ad on there,always works for me

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘collection only on ebay’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top