Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Collect+ delivery service – what do we think?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve used it to return stuff to CRC and I think that the concept is pretty good – cheaper that the Royal Mail, tracked and saves waiting in line at the Post Office or waiting for a courier collection.
    £3.49 for up to 10kg delivered to a local ‘shop’ seems pretty good.
    Anyone had problems with it?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve only ever sent stuff back with it, I’d be happy to have stuff sent to the shop as it’s a lot closer than the post office and is open for more than 3 hours a day!

jonba
    Free Member

I’d be happy to have stuff sent to the shop as it’s a lot closer than the post office and is open for more than 3 hours a day!

I’ve sent stuff back and it was a little wierd just handing it over in the corner shop. But as many smaller shops are open at much more convenient times than the post office and are often closer I see it as a good thing. As soon as Tesco/big supermarkets decide to do this we are on to a winner. 24 hour parcel collection and dropoff… Cost doing it offset by the single delivery of lots of parcels as opposed to multiple address drops.

I have no need for a 9-5 delivery service to my door – I won’t be there!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

As soon as Tesco/big supermarkets decide to do this we are on to a winner. 24 hour parcel collection and dropoff… Cost doing it offset by the single delivery of lots of parcels as opposed to multiple address drops.

Always assumed the local shops are doing it to get footfall in there. Pick up a parcel and maybe get a Mars bar and a pinta whilst you’re there.

Big difference having the bloke in his own shop sticking a couple of boxes down behind the counter and Tescos having a full manned 18 hour a day pickup/delivery point taking valuable selling space up in their stores.

Then you’ll get in the crazy position where Amazon will do a deal with Tesco, Collect+ will sign a pact with Asda…

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’ve used it to return stuff to CRC and I think that the concept is pretty good

Don’t use it for Wiggle though – they charge you something like £2.50 per item returned, even though they were all in the same box…

DezB
    Free Member

Also only used to return stuff. Great to be able to return things for free. Makes me more likely to take a punt on something (like shoes.)
    surfdome.com is the online shop I’ve used btw

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve used it return goods to CRC/Amazon, and also used them as a courier to send out stuff I’ve sold as its cheaper than parcelfarce. Only issue I had once was the local newsagent who does it was closed for refurbishment for a few days, so had to drive 10 miles to the next nearest shop as I’d already paid for it…

phil.w
    Free Member

Don’t use it for Wiggle though – they charge you something like £2.50 per item returned, even though they were all in the same box…

No they don’t. It’s completely free. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/ReturnsProcedure#collect

wallop

Amazon lockers are already in Co-Op!

fourbanger
    Free Member

Ace. Buy a pair of cycling shoes in 2 sizes, keep the pair that fit, send the others back FOC. Keep your local bike shop happy by not using them as a fitting room!

jools182
    Free Member

it’s a pain as the nearest shop is 5 miles away

rocketman
    Free Member

Apart from me having to take the parcel to a gypsy offy on a dodgy estate I think it’s pretty good.

The Post Office wanted £7.50 send some shoes back it took Collect+ a week but they got there in the end.

patentlywill
    Free Member

I’ve used it a few times to return to Wiggle etc. Worked well apart from once where Wiggle didn’t receive the package … but they refunded anyaway, so do keep the receipt.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Used it once to return something worked ok, not too many collection points near home though.

It’s run by Yodel I think isn’t it?
    that’ll explain being slow at times and missing parcels

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yes, part of Yodel.

Brown
    Free Member

Yeah, they lost some stuff I returned. Meanwhile, I cleverly lost the tiny little receipt they give you…

Jamie
    Free Member

Initially they did, then they switched to free. Probably to mirror CRC.

sp
    Free Member

I use if for my ebay tat and have been pleased with the service

Northwind

Always been pleased with it, but tbh I’ve mostly stuck with royal mail as I prefer post offices to supermarkets.

Scapegoat

I use RM for most ordinary small parcels, but MyHermes for anything bigger. For example RM have a parcel length limit of 600mm, so if you post bars they will charge at standard parcel rate, not small packet. MyHermes charged about £3.50. What’s more I can drop it off at the local petrol station for collection, so no waiting in for Courier collection.

Just sent something back to Wiggle, and can confirm it’s free. However, I had to venture onto a scary council estate to drop it off at the convenience store……

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Collect+ delivery service – what do we think?’ is closed to new replies.