Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Colleagues at work
  • chewkw
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member

chewkw – Member
    In English please I no understand.

The student, the master has become. [/quote]

Why you … trying to steal me thunder! 👿

You shall not steal me thunder!
    (as in the tone of LOTR “you shall not cross” but in Birmingham accent … 😆 )

edit: I constantly wind up me colleagues and in a worst day I shall eat my full fish & chips in the office … ya that will teach them a lesson for eating and farting in the office. 😆

Northwind

My team are almost all awesome tbh. I’ve had some shocking managers in my time but honestly never had bad teammates, I don’t think I’d last 10 minutes tbh.

(well OK, there’s been some zoomers and some brain donors but they’ve all been good fun too)

vickypea
    Free Member

Most of the people I work with are great, but I can’t stand people who make up for their lack of knowledge/ understanding of a subject by talking garbage non-stop. I also had to work with a clown most of last year who was arrogant way beyond his abilities.

egb81
    Free Member

vickypea – Member

I also had to work with a clown most of last year who was arrogant way beyond his abilities. .
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I realized a few years ago that I actually scored better overall if I just ticked “average” in every box on my self assessment at work and let my manager upgrade them (thus the overall being above average) rather than trying to be honest with a range of scores and usually scoring average anyway.

cchris2lou

@ pondo.
    It is illegal if you work in a commercial kitchen. I need to have 48 hours off work after the last symptoms.

globalti
    Free Member

My first proper job was with a large London company who were grossly incompetent. I left out of frustration and they failed about 20 years ago.

My second proper job is the one I’ve had for the last 28 years. The company is extremely good and the directors competent. It’s growing fast, has lots of money in the bank and even has its own builders on the payroll for the constant improvements and building projects. I will still be here when I retire, sell back my shares and make rather a lot of money from them. Right now the company is actually paying for an IFA to come in and advise me and some colleagues on the best way to manage our pensions. I have little in common with my colleagues but at least the atmosphere in the office is professional and relaxing as most people have also been here many years. We seldom waste time on meetings as everybody knows their job and we don’t have assessments because the directors know who’s good and who needs help in their departments.

slowoldman

Isn’t that a Douglas Adams corruption? ‘Anyone who wants to be President of the galaxy should automatically be excluded from being so’ or similar. I’ve always felt it should apply to Prime Ministers.

Ditto gun owners.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

The bullshit your forced to endure! The middle management puppets ape like manipulation techniques and job paranoia to get peeps to chase their tails till they self destruct, wise up or leave.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkYUDQCYGHA[/video]

enduroforever
    Free Member

We have had some proper biffs at our place over the years. I could tell you some of the things they have done but seriously no one would believe that humans could be so stupid

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I would, some of my colleagues are deliberately inept.

ThePinkster

Civil Service, & I claim my £5!

If only.

Global company whose UK division does support a lot of government organisations. A significant number of middle management do seem to go native quite regularly though.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Colleagues at work’ is closed to new replies.