Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Colleagues at work
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Blinkinflip I work with some utter twunts, manager is like a wet weekend and two have just swanned off to look at a river bed two of them because it takes two of them. idiot arseholes there is backround to this with one of them, dumb ape mind of a child cretin.

This type of shit defeats me it really does and breathe

grizedaleforest

Feel better?!

peteimpreza

I describe my situation as

“drowning in idiots”

chewkw
    Free Member

In English please I no understand. 😮

perchypanther
    Free Member

U OK Hun?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

dumb ape mind of a child cretin.

Quote of the year so far! Brilliant

tthew

That’s got to be 8/10. Would have made a 9, possibly 10 if it was a bit longer with raNdom capitalisation and spelling errors.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I just recently changed jobs and managers.

The new one is just so incompetent it is untrue, god knows how he managed to get to a 50k a year job!

…and then he has to sit in the dark because he gets headaches. He can’t have electrical equipment around him as it gives off harmful rays, and he pops more pills in a day than I have done in my life time.

fasthaggis

two have just swanned off to look at a river bed

🙂

slowoldman

Marin
    Free Member

One of my workmates has a pet owl and the other one shouts birdarm at him to get his attention. Less greasypole climbing on the tools so the people not as bad at least not on my current job.

Kryton57

I’m happy to be as thick as pig shit, I’m therefore not in a position to complain about other people.

m0rk
    Free Member

Can’t imagine there’s a risk assessment that would suggest lone working is OK if wading about in a river.

Cougar

One of my workmates has a pet owl and the other one shouts birdarm at him to get his attention.

That’s made my day, that has.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yep anywhere near the edge and its a two up for us.

redthunder
    Free Member

bearnecessities

chewkw – Member
    In English please I no understand.

The student, the master has become. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is twunt allowed now? I got a ban for that some time ago….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be funny if, by some weird coincidence that:

Pigface – Member
    Blinkinflip I work with some utter twunts, manager is like a wet weekend and two have just swanned off to look at a river bed two of them because it takes two of them. idiot arseholes there is backround to this with one of them, dumb ape mind of a child cretin.

Worked in the same office as:

peteimpreza – Member
    I describe my situation as
    “drowning in idiots”

😆

Just a joke guys, I love you really! 🙂

Kuco

Can’t imagine there’s a risk assessment that would suggest lone working is OK if wading about in a river.

Depends how deep the river is and it’s location and if they are actually entering the water course.

Oh and I agree most EA managers are wet weekends.

chubstr
    Free Member

I’ve always said “If you want to be a manager, you shouldn’t be one”

Somehow every day where I work is surprising as the last, but nothing ever changes, it’s like some sort of groundhog day just way less interesting

aracer
    Free Member

You have to wonder whether that’s a fairly common reason for some people getting the jobs they do.

Cougar

Is twunt allowed now? I got a ban for that some time ago….

Depends who moderates it I suppose, there’s not really an official guideline around that sort of thing.

Playing devil’s advocate, if it’s not allowed then really it should be in the swear filter. “Avoiding the swear filter” isn’t something I enforce aggressively unless it’s deliberate / blatant, largely because I’d be a monumental hypocrite if I did. (-:

Cougar

I’ve always said “If you want to be a manager, you shouldn’t be one”

Isn’t that a Douglas Adams corruption? ‘Anyone who wants to be President of the galaxy should automatically be excluded from being so’ or similar. I’ve always felt it should apply to Prime Ministers.

vickypea
    Free Member

I like the terms…
    ‘Promoted his/her their ability’ and ‘promoted out of harms way’.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks, Cougar. An untwuntish reply.

allthepies
    Free Member

I know of two people who have lost their jobs by criticising/lampooning work colleagues online. Not the smartest thing to do, especially when your name is in your forum profile 🙂

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

All the playground shit still goes on in adult life. The players are just more experienced at hiding it/diverting attention/pushing pawns around the board and getting away with it.

revs1972
    Free Member

Oops, did I say something I shouldn’t ought to ?

ThePinkster

You have to wonder whether that’s a fairly common reason for some people getting the jobs they do.

Seems to work in my place of employ.

Generally, if you’re good in your job you’ll never get promoted as they need someone who knows what they’re doing. If however you are a dumb ape with the mind of a child cretin (personally I think this is insulting to apes 😉 ) you’ll go far while losing the company loads of money in the process and being given massive bonuses for doing so.

shermer75
    Free Member

shermer75
    Free Member

Let Arnie sooth you:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUIPOKOGIOA[/video]

aracer
    Free Member

I’m guessing the mods are protecting you from by removing whatever comments you made (clearly from the above I read what you wrote, but I’m avoiding alluding to it).

revs1972
    Free Member

That’s fair enough. I’m self employed now , but not for those reasons

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m not so much worried about my colleagues (although they can be hard work)
    It’s our ‘managers’ I despair about.

‘Inept’ is a word that springs to mind.

Generally, if you’re good in your job you’ll never get promoted as they need someone who knows what they’re doing. If however you are a dumb ape with the mind of a child cretin (personally I think this is insulting to apes ) you’ll go far while losing the company loads of money in the process and being given massive bonuses for doing so.

Civil Service, & I claim my £5!

shooterman

I think the post above has nailed it!

Double bluff – acting dumb means:

A. You’re never asked to do anything challenging or stressful and
    B. They will probably promote you away from the front line where you can actually do some damage!

The demand on the resource expands in accordance with the availability of the resource ie if you’re good at what you do and have a work ethic they will just snow you under and you’ll never get promoted as they can’t afford to lose the shire horse.

singletrackmind

I had two of the three morons I work with ( after blowing up a heating element by specifically doing something beyond their technical capability, and doing the same thing after I told them to wait for me to sort it as it was complicated) tell me that ‘RED’ on the MCB was ‘OFF’, and ‘Green’ on the MCB was ‘ON’ .
    I didnt bother to explain that green meant the circuit was safe to on, and red stood for dangerrrrrrrrrr.
    I just walked away to price up an incalloy 3ph heating element , saying ” Dont ever apply for a job as an electrician”

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Never underestimate the power of stupid people when they congregate in large numbers

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I knew of a bloke at my last establishment who ‘managed’ to cost the place (& the civil service) a small fortune but was rewarded with promotion to a governor grade.
    He was a horrible shitbag too. Makes my blood boil.

pondo

The lad at our place (23, so old enough to know better, but man he’s got some odd ideas) dropped a gem on us yesterday that it’s illegal to come to work if you have sicknesd and diarrohea. I can understand that it’s sensible not to spread norovirus, but not sure the rozzers are busting fools for it – now understand why he took two days off for feeling a bit dicky after a BBQ at a director’s gaff.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Colleagues at work’ is closed to new replies.