Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)
  • Colleague keeps switching off the WIFI as it 'makes her feel ill'
  • g5604
    Free Member

She has anxiety, this will probably be just one symptom of it.

McHamish
    Free Member

As for OP: Put the router in a box and get her to tell you when it is turned on or not (ideally having a third party do the switching on and off).

Would the wifi network be both off and on at the same time?

#schrodingerswifi

cranberry
    Free Member

Does the dippy hippy have a mobile phone ?

If so, you’ve got her by her bits – order that her phone alone needs to be switched off due the signals given off by its location, colour, brand, proximity to a muppet.

Also, get 2nd wifi access point, no SSID, turn off the one with the shiny lights she can see. She’ll tell you she feels better. Tell her a month later you’d installed a higher powered device.

dissonance

There’s over 5000 people in the EMF Warriors group on Facebook, shes not alone!

In the USA there is a fairly large area around their National Radio Astronomy Observatory where most types of transmitters are banned to avoid interfering with it.
    Apparently the local town has a growing number of people who move there because they believe they are sensitive.

johndoh
    Free Member

I honestly do not know why her actions are being entertained in a workplace. If it were me I would be asking her to get a doctor’s note written before I took any action.

shermer75
    Free Member

leave it on but stop broadcasting ssid (so she can’t tell obvs)

Is the ssid the bit that shows up on your phone or computer, with the name of the WiFi? This sounds to me like the perfect solution!! As well as disabling the lights on the router of course

leffeboy

I think most of us would agree that this person is likely to be more worried about the effect of radiation than the actual radiation itself. We all know that there are likely to be lots more stations around and having a gsm to your ear will create a much stronger field than being 20m away from a router

but… pointing this out isn’t going to help. It would be like trying to point out to someone with OCD that what they are doing isn’t really needed.

Why not try and work round it? e.g. have a second router somewhere with the same SSID but with the ssid hidden and same password. I think (ie. I would need to test) that if you switch the main router off then devices should still be able to link to the second. However you still have the trust issue :(. For me when I’ve had to do this I’ve just come to an agreement with the person that when necessary we have to switch it on and we do.

We all have our ways of coping with the world

#rememberkaesae

seadog101

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/103309/uk-fat-2017.pdf

Page 98, show her just how much radiation is being transmitted around 2.4Ghz. Why doesn’t she melt when she walks around?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

And was convinced that the phases of the moon affected people in the same way it has an effect the tides ‘well it must do, as we are 70% water!’

Do you know where the term Lunatic comes from ?

aracer
    Free Member

yes, but is it really a problem to lie to people in a way which will make them feel better?

I suggest going through the rigmarole of switching the Wifi she knows about on and off at request so that it’s not obvious though.

xcracer1
    Free Member

As some one above said, I’d want her to also provide a medical note before taking her seriously. Thinking something can be totally different to actually being something.

jekkyl

Op please get us a picture of the crystal egg.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I had the misfortune to work with a bloke last year who said that pylons near his home made him have a headache so he sold up and moved. He can’t walk near pylons at all now apparently. As he goes all week and faint.

His desktop pc used to be on the floor near his foot, and it caused pain in n his foot.

There was a bit of masking tape strategically placed on the wall as a reflection from a window on the Matt wall surface caused him to get headaches. The masking tape stopped the reflection and therefore headaches. Odd then seeing as though the tape may have strangely moved…not that I or colleagues would know anything about that….

Some things are just bad 🙄

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I knew a bloke who was into something crystal. He asked me to help him set something up on his PC, but then wouldn’t let me touch the keyboard because said machine was actually possessed by his dead uncle and I might upset him with my aggressive typing!

I don’t know him any more…

bearnecessities

Well…the egg is obviously full of lols. That said, it’s not to say her claims don’t deserve genuine consideration. We’ve gone bat-shit with the use of WiFi / mobiles in the last few years and do we really understand the impacts?

*rubs egg*

glasgowdan
    Free Member

She is the part of a bell that’s not the beginning or middle. Total idiot. Does the business owner not have the professional mind to sort her out?

edward2000
    Free Member

Histrionic personality disorder

vickypea
    Free Member

We definitely need at photo of the egg.
    Why don’t you start taking a collection of your own comedy eggs into work?

CountZero

I had the misfortune to work with a bloke last year who said that pylons near his home made him have a headache so he sold up and moved. He can’t walk near pylons at all now apparently. As he goes all week and faint.

TBH, I wouldn’t want to live close to high-voltage pylons and cables either, the voltage causes issues through metal structures even some distance away; I used to cycle over to Castle Combe circuit to watch the racing sometimes, and Quarry Corner is directly underneath a set of high-voltage cables, which caused me to get strong electric shocks if I touched any metal parts of the Cannondale I was riding at the time! Proper cattle fence type shocks as well.
    Then there’s the persistent buzzing especially if the air’s a bit damp. That’s a strong electromagnetic field being generated, and I wouldn’t feel at all comfortable living close to that.
    Wi-fi and phone masts on the other hand I have no issues with, there’s a bloody great O2 4G mast about 75 metres away from my house, I’m just glad to have a really strong signal on my phone…
    I do remember someone doing an experiment with a bunch of students who were whining about suffering health issues from a phone mast, so a temporary one was set up nearby and they were asked to note their reactions to it.
    Then it was switched on and they were asked for their reactions now it had been turned off…
    I think we can all figure the fairly predictable result of the experiment.

grahamt1980

The emf warriors group is closed, did you have to join to see that?

Plus got parasites in her brain due to emf……. Wt actual f

slowoldman

Can she really feel these effects?

We had a recent conflict in the office and the following day she brought in a large white crystal egg thing which was apparently to ‘soak up the negative energy’ and proudly placed it on the end of her desk and between the two bickering parties to ward away such things. She also has a collection of shiny stones and herbs in her desk…

There you have your question and answer.

Murray

Scifi beat her to it along while ago.

Suffering from an irrational fear doesn’t mean that she’s not suffering. I hope you can both work out a way of working.

pondo

We had a recent conflict in the office and the following day she brought in a large white crystal egg thing which was apparently to ‘soak up the negative energy’ and proudly placed it on the end of her desk and between the two bickering parties to ward away such things.

That would be a prompt to me to argue angrily and incessantly with anyone about anything, and the nearer the crystal, the more heated the argument.

Russell96

There was a UK doc where they got a pile of these ‘sensitive people’ stuck them in a stately home in the middle of nowhere well beyond any mobile coverage at the time. Wheeled an event mobile mast into the front courtyard and told them it was operating at full power, after two days they were genuinely hospitalising people. It was a shame there was no power to it at all.. and for the second week when it was ‘switched off’ the onsite doctor no longer had any visitors or need to refer anyone.

Has she banned the use of Microwave ovens yet? Have you dared tell her what frequency that operate on?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Quality thread. Rather you than me OP 😉

Russell96

Oh yes, the fun we could have describing RF burns (been there) and the amazing properties of a Tornado radar at ground level full power into a local field (paging Col)

sweepy
    Free Member

Why don’t you start taking a collection of your own comedy eggs into work?

Are you mad! with hers as well everyone will be overdosing on excess positive energy.
    Actually with your well established sensitivity to positive egg energy I think it was pretty cavalier of her to just go bringing in such a powerful object

aracer
    Free Member

Agreed – I did once live under pylons and there was a noticeable affect on things. Totally different to mobile phone masts or wifi.

They’re not really supposed to emit any radiation though – I presume they do leak a bit though, so what level is their emitted power relative to that emitted by a wifi hub or a phone mast?

Again we’re talking somewhat different stuff – I have worked at transmitter sites with proper high power transmitters and they had quite reasonable rules on having to switch things off before approaching the antennas.

Russell96

The whole point is to bring out into the open that there are a broad spectrum of devices also pumping out RF that their tinfoil club hasn’t thought about, because it hasn’t what could be considered as a typical antenna.

Do they go around flouncing at the mere presence of a 5 year old microwave oven that has not had an annual/regular microwave leakage test done on it??

Its like the cretins who protest against a mobile mast near to them but continue to use their phones, blithely unaware that the device next to them is ramping up its power because the nearest mast is further away. Inverse-Square law…

chip
    Free Member

Ask her to remove her egg as you believe it is making you feel ill and see what she says.

Russell96

They could move to somewhere that there’s no Radio devices, Electricity? forget about it as the passage of electrons down a wire generates a magnetic field around it, hmm how do we go about generating a radio signal? … Move to the middle of nowhere, no radio, no electricity, hmm that big yellow thing in the sky? ooo it pumps out all kinds of stuff….

funkmasterp

Sounds like her chacras need aligning or there is an imbalance in her chi. Buy her some mood crystals or some other shit and continue using the wi-fi

fr0sty
    Free Member

The famous egg, in all its glory.

martinhutch

Needs a smiley face drawn on it in marker pen.

‘Rude Health’ – how appropriate.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ludwig?

bearnecessities

“Eeeeva!”

perchypanther
    Free Member

We had a recent conflict in the office and the following day she brought in a large white crystal egg thing which was apparently to ‘soak up the negative energy’ and proudly placed it on the end of her desk and between the two bickering parties to ward away such things.

Classic conflict ovoidance strategy

JackHammer

😆 that bloomin’ egg! 😆

Where do you work, Infinity Foods?

jekkyl

Behold!! The egg of peace. *bows low*

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m more interested in the hot chocolate sauce behind it. That’d pacify me!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Colleague keeps switching off the WIFI as it 'makes her feel ill'’ is closed to new replies.