Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • collar bone
  • steveh

c9tln – Yup that’s what they said and as I said the evidence of myself and everyone else I know who’s been backs it up.

identicalbutlighter – there are medical papers to suggest that the magnet and laser treatments are effective and as I said in my first post I was very sceptical before I went the first time so don’t believe it is just placebo. More firmly the movement after the treatment was twice what it was before (on the same day) and the pain was reduced.

IMHO it was the best 200 I ever spent and I did it again instantly the next time and believe that it helped again. I had 2 days off work (1 for treatment) the second time and was riding again in less than 3 weeks. That has to say something.

c9tln
    Free Member

I had a look at that physios website,a bit too far for me to travel really,I got in touch with one near where I live who used to be huddersfield towns physio,I’m booked in with him in 2 weeks,he said to get my second xray out of the way first,hopefully he can work some magic.

identicalbutlighter
    Free Member

C9tin When they talk about movement improving fracture healing they’re referring to extremely small amounts, nothing you could perceive. That is not the same as feeling the fractured ends moving, it’s the sort of movement you might have with a plate in place, or an external fixation device for a lower limb fracture – minute. I wouldn’t be waving your arm about much! 😮

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steveh

Yeah you should not be feeling the bones moving under your skin but using pain as a guide is what this guy suggested and keeping movements below shoulder height. You need to give it a little time to knit but the more it is used the better it heals. It really does seem to work too and i really was as cynical as the guy above when I went.

I’m in sheffield by the way, last time took a horrendous 3 train journey each way to get there and it was still undoubtedly worth it for me.

c9tln
    Free Member

What sort of progress had you made after around 8 days? I suppose that’s way too early for the bones to start joining?

steveh

The first time after the treatment it definitely hadn’t knit but I had a lot more movement than before it and less pain. It depends exactly what you’ve done and how fast you heal etc. Think knitting was about 2 weeks.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘collar bone’ is closed to new replies.