Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Coleman event shelter alternatives
  • thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Hi, our old gazebo collapsed in high winds earlier this year. Need to replace ready for camping trip next weekend. I like this, good size but comes at a premium.

Coleman event shelter

And I have to buy the sides as well!

Halfords do a reasonable one but is 3.5 metre square, the Colman in 4.5 metre square.

Any other options that are not flimsy as duck?

Any help appreciated, abuse will not be tolerated! 😀

scholarsgate
    Free Member

You get two sides with the halfords one. It’s plenty big enough at 3.5m square. We used mine for a wet weekend in the Peaks. 12 adults sat around a table in it quite comfortably.

stumpy01

Tresspass do one that Argos are selling for £120 including all four sides:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4833369.htm

Gets a decent star rating from 64 reviews.

To me the space looks more usable than the Coleman becauase the edges are steeper.

shifter
    Free Member

Mine’s a Wynnster – 3 x 3 I think. £80 inc four sides.

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Ok. Bit the bullet ( not 100% sure what that means, but usage is correct I think) and got a Coleman’s 4.5 metre square on price match with local tent outlet. Massive. Don’t think I would want smaller. Thanks for replies and options.

ji
    Free Member

Just watch wind with the coleman. Ours was great the one time we used it, but a bit of wind overnight trashed it (blew it over 2 fences, ripped to shreds, bent poles). Wasn’t even that strong a wind.

theotherjonv

Bit the bullet ( not 100% sure what that means, but usage is correct I think)

Bite the bullet; to grit your teeth and go for it. From the practice of giving a soldier something to bite down on while undergoing field surgery in the days before anaesthetics.

thenorthwind

Bit the bullet ( not 100% sure what that means, but usage is correct I think)

You are correct to use this and not “pulled the trigger.” Have an STW gold star.

Junkyard
    Free Member

agree they are all somewhat suspect in winds as they all appear to be basically a poorly secured parachute

We also play guess the Gazebo when it gets windy on a campsite .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Coleman event shelter alternatives’ is closed to new replies.