Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • cold "little man" when in lycra…
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

have some altura tights that ive not worn as i was "waiting for the cold weather". donned them the other night (approx 11 celsius) and my goodness it wasnt long before "linfords luchbox" all but dissapaered!
    i was considering weather the installation of a baby's sock might help (well maybee a toddler size sock).
    any tips or guidence on keeping the family jewels up at normal operating temperature?? 😯
    p.s. underwear was not in use on this occation and may well be a simple solution…

singletracksurfer

I use one of those knee high walking socks…….

AndyP
    Free Member

boxelder

Similar worries here. Mine shrank to just 10" the other night

b17
    Free Member

I'm surprised you've got any trouble in October. I've had to resort to stuffing a sock down there one winter, but it was -15 on the commute.

A second layer of lycra, or windproof baggies over is about all you can do I reckon.

zaskar
    Free Member

It's susposed to be an evolutionary trait to prevent frostbite 😉

Seriously, who is going to look at your little fella? GF, BF or Wf?

Wear cycling shorts over your tights if you're that insecure.

Otherwise stop looking and ride more.

snakebite
    Free Member

i find dirty thoughts about that ginger burd outa girls aloud help…..

gingerflash

I use unpadded tights with my normal (maybe old and worn-out) lycra bibshorts underneath. When it's really cold, baggies on top as well. Seems to work ok.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Any good at knitting?

clubber
    Free Member

I never ride tights on their own – always wear shorts underneath and have unpadded tights. Never has any probs 😉

odannyboy
    Free Member

"i find dirty thoughts about that ginger burd outa girls aloud help….."

oh god no, she would have made it invert inside me! now the blond one, thats different 😉
    seriously this isnt a manhood thing as id have just whacked a courgette down there if need be, what im saying is it was seriously uncomfortable and cold! and yes it is october, thats why im concerened for febuary etc.

baggies might be a must i reckon.

twohats
    Free Member

Maybe you need winter tights?
    Non padded winter tights over bib shorts here with no issues right down to -17c. There was some shrinkage with the old fella, but as he wasn't really required to be standing to attention, I didn't worry too much…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

hands free kit and a dirty phonecall to him/her indoors?

especialy good for setting PB's on the commute home if she gets in first 😉

devs
    Free Member

Just go round to fauxbyfour's house and claim to be Wiggle. It'll soon get warmed up.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Dont make me whip out my "I cycle in 6" of snow mid-winter in shorts and tshirt, with no problems" picture – I dont like showing off 😀

Seriously though, just don a few more layers down there.

Hadge
    Free Member

You aren't going do any damage so why worry!!!! The body does that to protect your little tadpoles and draws them into your body to keep them warm. Stop worrying and just ride. It'll still taste the same pmsl

miketually
    Free Member

Coax it out with some cheese.

uplink
    Free Member

I bet you get people waving at you as you ride past

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘cold "little man" when in lycra…’ is closed to new replies.