Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cold feet
  • td75
    Free Member

So I face the prospect of moving back to Halifax, Canada next week. Got a job lined up, accommodation and I’m a PR card hold so it’s straight forward going back in. I lived in Canada from 2006 and moved back to the UK in Jan 2012. I thought that’s what I wanted but I haven’t been able to settle back into UK life since I’ve been back. My son lives in the Maritimes and I’ve excited to be near him again. But I can’t help thinking I’m moving for him and not me.

Maybe it’s because I’m 39 next month but I can’t still believe I don’t know what side of the Atlantic I want to be on. I love living next to Europe and love Canada also.

Anyone else emigrated and still can’t make there minds up where they want to live? I’m having some serious second thoughts which is made worse by the fact I turned down a job over here in the UK last week.

prawny

Two words

Taco Bell.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I lived in Banff for 2 years and I’d go back with residency in a second.

I looked at the time and with the application it meant I couldn’t work there in between so had to stay put in the uk.

I am retiring there.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Four words:

Your son
    His father

td75
    Free Member

Yes I know and I’m with you on that one. He’s 14 and very understanding of my dilemma. He often says to me go where your happy and I will be happy. He’s more of a man than me.

prawny

It’s definitely a dilemma, I’d love to have chance to live in canada, but as you’ve been there before you can be more objective than me.

But all things being equal, it’s always nice to be with your kids int it.

td75
    Free Member

I love both places and in an ideal world I’d take a bit of each place. I went over to see him at Christmas just gone and we had a great time together. I see him most nights of the week on FaceTime, but it’s not the same.

I’m just a bit sick of not know where I want to live. For what it’s worth he’s facing the same problem as me as he loves Europe as well.

shifter
    Free Member

I’d go just to buy a truck.
    I may be simple.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s more of a man than me.

To be fair, if he’s saying stuff like that at 14, you’ve both done a good job so far.

td75
    Free Member

Thanks deadlydarcy, he’s a good lad. Very liberal.

darrenspink
    Free Member

And there I was just about to start commenting about two pairs of socks and sealskins.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cold feet’ is closed to new replies.