Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cold, dark mornings…
  • leffeboy

anyone else loving the morning commute at this time of year? 🙂 Crisp and cold enough to wake you up but not so bad you need the full winter gear. Air lovely and clear. Come in feeling refreshed…

…and then see your desk. Still, glad that no-one has worked out how to monetise this yet.

Enjoy your day

davidjones15
    Free Member

Are you mad? 😉

edsbike
    Free Member

I would agree other than on the clear air point. It’s been foggy here for a week!

toby1

I’ve not seen the sky or even the sun for 3 days now.

Still it’s a perfect temperature for the commute, only problem is the state of the track I use has forced me onto a road which I take no pleasure in using.

Last night though I rode the long way home, an extra 11 miles into the mist and back again.

It could be so much worse 🙂

GrahamS

Air lovely and clear.

Yeah…lovely…

(Newcastle Quayside yesterday)

IanMunro
    Free Member

leffeboy, I reckon you must live somewhere sunnier in the country than me 🙂 The ‘Indian Summer’, has mostly looked liked Graham’s picture where I am.

leffeboy

Yeah…lovely…

Even light fog can be quite nice, it can make it quiet and atmospheric

that just looks damp though 🙂

jota180
    Free Member

Clocks back on Sunday, so lighter mornings

piemonster

I’m with Leffeboy on this one, some cracking mornings out there lately.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I take a slightly longer route to go through some woodland – autumn colours and the odd red squirrel desperately doing the last of it’s shopping before the big sleep. Lovely.

GrahamS

Even light fog can be quite nice, it can make it quiet and atmospheric

GrahamS

Anyway, yeah I do enjoy riding at this time of year. I get to put the Lumi to good use on the way home.

Nearly got hit in the face by a bat last night (the flying type not the cricket type). Swooped right down at me and passed my face close enough for me to hear it. I assume it was picking off flies and not actually trying to kill me.

Also nearly got hit by a Range Rover who clearly decided that the pedestrian crossing was advisory and blitzed straight through on a red light. That was slightly less enchanting.

piemonster

Nearly got hit in the face by a bat last night (the flying type not the cricket type)

For a moment I thought you’d had a run in with Der Kaeser

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, I enjoyed the last couple of mornings commute in. You know, if I ignore the changing a tube in pitch black, slicing open the end of my finger on the glass in the tyre, spraying blood all over my clothes, gloves and bike, the brain dead drivers who can’t see four flashing lights and a bright yellow jacket, working eleven hours with an hour of cycle commuting on either side, the strong winds, the ice rink paths with their thick layers of wet leaves and the people who wander about on offroad paths at 6 in the morning with absolutely no lighting or reflective clothing on and then get angry when you nearly kill them at 20mph.

And that’s just the good bits.

GrahamS

eople who wander about on offroad paths at 6 in the morning with absolutely no lighting or reflective clothing on and then get angry when you nearly kill them at 20mph.

I saw my first ninja of the season.

Bloke standing on the unlit path, all in black, wearing a full-face black balaclava(!), and carrying a huge sword*.

Fully expected a shuriken in the back of my head as I rode past.

* may have actually been a walking stick.

roady_tony
    Free Member

good an ya, all that ride in the winter!
    its been cold up here in inverness way , these past few mornings – fog has been pretty dire in the evening ride back, and shows up the problems of the lights i have , just ordered a new brighter one,
    for me, its glasses

i cannot stop mine getting steaming up or smeared up in this grizzly rainy/fog – and of course wearing winter gloves means its hard to clean them, if i dont have them my eyes run!

samuri
    Free Member

* may have actually been a walking stick.

Chorley police have already made that mistake.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-20031625

GrahamS

I’m taking no advice about ninjas from a samur(a)i 😀

Edric64
    Free Member

Top of the Mendips has hardly seen a clear sky since Saturday .It cleared a bit Sunday lunchtime but has been in fog most of the time

ourmaninthenorth

I miss all of it.

Pitch dark drive to and from work these days.

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

cold, clear and sunny by the weekend! woop woop!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I love it. Ninja gear on, nightrider on full, get up a good speed and surprise all the bunnies.

And pheasants.

And bats.

oh my.

Bring on the snow.

zilog6128

Commuting in the thick fog has been quite fun (the off road parts anyway!) for the last couple of mornings

roady_tony
    Free Member

post clocks back – COLD DARK EVENINGS!
    brrrr
    i’m nice and warm in the mornings now, but get chilly after an hour in the evening at 6.30 —(effectivley)– 7.30pm!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cold, dark mornings…’ is closed to new replies.