Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cold and numb extremities
  • project
    Free Member

Hands,feet,fingers and buttocks, seems as if when i go out the last few days,even wearing gloves and tights socks and Ron hills, i still get really cold extremities, every year is the same, and year by year it gets worse, my hands and feet turn purple and then a strange orange colour when they get cold.
    Any ideas to improve circualation, thicker gloves dont seem to work, and when my fingers do warm up its really painfull, puting them under the cold tap helps warm them up.

ton

mate, i suffer this too. been made 10 times worse by being on 15mgs of warfarin for my ticker.
    already this year i am wearing dachstein wool gloves to ride to work in.
    try some silk liners under a windproof glove to start with. far better than bulky waterproof type gloes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Do you do your gloves and shoes up nice and tight? If you do, stop it. A lot of folks do that, and it can restrict blood flow to the extremities.

Beyond that, it’s all about core warmth, IMO. Try wearing a fleece gilet when you ride. Keeping the core warm really helps improve circulation, which improves warmth in the extremities.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    project
    Free Member

After being out this afternoon on the bike,my hands are now bright red and tingling, and the rest of me is just warm, have tried various gloves but its difficult to work outside in gloves sometimes, and even inside my hands feel the cold.

thanks for the link TJ

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sounds like reynauds maybe.

You just got to keep those hands and feet warm – silk liner gloves?

shedfull
    Free Member

I suffer from this. I get white fingers on a warm summer evening if I pick up a bottle of milk from the fridge. Sealskins gloves only work on warmer winter days so I tried my Hein Gericke 3-finger motorcycle gloves and found they kept me warm – too warm at times – because the fingers aren’t separated. Might be worth a try.

project
    Free Member

Shedful at 59 quid, they will be staying in the shop sadly.

Garry_Lager

I’m sort of the opposite, but don’t you find that your hands at least are quite sensitive to your core temp? So they can be very cold for the first 30 mins or so, but once you’re really going they warm up?

snowpaul
    Free Member

I used to suffer from cold bits – now I am often too warm – as I keep my core warm as I can

eg tonights 25 mile road ride – merino socks – winter boots – windproof bib tights – warm 200 wight fleece vest – windproof top and gloves and a windproof fleece beanie under my lid = toasty – stopped my cold hands which used to make me nearly cry

paul

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cold and numb extremities’ is closed to new replies.