Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Coke can stoves
  • jonba
    Free Member

There is loads of info about this on the web and I’ve been having a good browse. But, do any of you have a personal recommendation for a system that works.

Criteria are that it is cheap – ideally built out of things I’d find in the garage.

Are the pressure versions a much better idea than the standard open versions.

Also what are you using for a pot stand and windshield if anything.

Or have you found somethnig better? I’d be interested in a home brew version of a wood burner like the honey pot on ray mears site. Could carry a few hexamine tablets just incase but it would mean no liquid fuel to carry and long term cheapness.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I messed around with various coke-can stoves and while the worked well enough I eventually switching back to either carrying a pocket-rocket or Jetboil.

I made a pot stand from a bit of wire-mesh and used some thin aluminium sheet for a windshield (same one as I use for the pocket rocket).

fasthaggis

try in here

Somewhere in that thread ,you can find some good links to stove designs.

Enjoy,it is a thread of awesomeness 🙂

Conan257
    Free Member

Hobo stove made from an Ikea cutlery drainer, works great for small wood fires and compares nicely with expensive burners when comparing boiling times.

The Coke Can stoves are good, but you really need to let them burn out as you can’t easily keep them filled, bit of a pain in my experience.

AngusWells

Here is a thread about my coke can stove.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/blue-peter-trangia-burner
    Works well for small pots.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Coke can stoves’ is closed to new replies.