Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Coins in a CD player
  • sandwicheater

Graaaaa! Wife has just informed me our we chap has inserted at least one coin into the car CD player (50p FYI) and maybe more.

CD came out when ejected. Any ideas on how to fish money out of a CD player?

Lollipop stick and doubled sided tape is my suggestion.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Park the car on a steep hill and let gravity do the work. 😉

Cougar

I’d be taking it to bits. Only way to be sure™.

neilthewheel

Push a five pound note in and see if there’s any change.

globalti
    Free Member

I managed to retrieve an SD card from the CD slot on a Mac by turning the Mac on its side, slot downwards, tapping it then applying a vacuum crevice tool to the slot until the SD card appeared between the felt “lips” of the dust seal. I speared it with a sharp implement and got it out, much to my relief.

sandwicheater

Well at least you’ve cheered me up. Brand new car, we’ve only had it a month. Humph!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

what is a ‘CD’ ?

lesgrandepotato

Did it play pink floyd in 7/4 time?

scruff
    Free Member

Ive used two knifes to retrieve multiple inserted CDs before.

bearnecessities

Wife Is A Lemon & I Want My Money Back?

hels
    Free Member

You don’t say if the CD player still works. Are you really that short you need that 50p ? I am sure we could have a whip around, I will pledge 10p to get you started – how about that ?

BenjiM

When my littl’un did this I ended up buying a new CD player from a scrappy. She said she’d put one coin in but It was about 5 or 6. They’d managed to jam the lifting mechanism. After taking it out I managed to get all the coins out using a magnetic wand, skewers with super glue on the end, but sadly the damage had been done. What I did find annoying that on a Jazz even with no keys in the ignition the feeder wood still work so every time you knocked the sensors the damn thing would try and grab whatever you were using to get the coins out.

Anyway she now knows to not put anything in the CD player after a few stern words and we don’t let her play in the car any more unsupervised.

fasthaggis

First,sorry for laughing*
    ^^Same as Benjim ,it was a real pain to get the coins out(we also had a mini cheddars mix in there),ended up getting another unit (second hand).
    Good luck

*not really 🙂

bol

A friend of mine got really uptight with BMW because the electrics on his new 5 Series kept failing when he went round corners. He was very contrite when they informed him it was down to the 24p in change in the CD player. Their solution apparently was to take it out and give it a good shake upside down.

Cougar

What I did find annoying that on a Jazz even with no keys in the ignition the feeder wood still work so every time you knocked the sensors the damn thing would try and grab whatever you were using to get the coins out.

Could’ve pulled the fuse.

BenjiM

There was no fuse in the slot that it was supposed to be in!

rickmeister

Isn’t that how Online Banking works or am I missing something. I keep putting fivers into the cd slot but never see them actually reaching my account.

Must be doing something wrong.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Long, long ago fast young git inserted small change into a car cassette player. About 50p worth, ISTR. It came apart and worked OK after. La plus sa change

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

No idea what the issue is here?!

Take the thing out, remove the facia and remove the coins.

Inspect the lens. If no scratches, refit.

Should work, unless they shorted something out.

sandwicheater

No idea what the issue is here?!

Take the thing out

The CD player is part of the central console in this thing. I’d need to remove the dash and lots of other gubbins. This is well past my skill set.

EDIT: Well what ya know, it looks very easy indeed. Hers is a newer model but must be the same, will have a whirl this weekend

Doesn’t look that bad. Cheers gofasterstripes, you gave me the kick up the bum i needed.

Stoner
    Free Member

My brother rebuilt his media pc, component by component when it kept faulting. First the ram, then the hdd, then the mobo. Until he found my delightful neice had caused a short in the unused case USB port with the help of some cutlery.

RustyMac

My daughter did this earlier in the year, pushed a 2p into the cd slot of the car stereo, drove me mad for about a month before i figured out what it was.

As you turned a corner the coin would roll about and short out the speakers generally sounding like a rattle from the rear of the car.

I removed the stereo, opened it up and removed the coin and all was good again.

Cougar

My mum once told me about a friend of hers, who took their VCR apart and found that their kid had discovered that the vent slots on the front made perfect money-box slots. The reason they had to take it apart however is because she’d used the cassette slot to feed it a jam sandwich.

(Insert “jamming” joke here.)

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Cheers gofasterstripes, you gave me the kick up the bum i needed

I hope it works-out for you 🙂

ThePinkster

The reason they had to take it apart however is because she’d used the cassette slot to feed it a jam sandwich.

My niece also did this to my brothers brand new (i.e. less than 24 hours old) VHS.

Most of the internals were covered with strawberry jam. He wasn’t very impressed.

Northwind

sandwicheater – Member

Graaaaa! Wife has just informed me our wee chap has inserted at least one coin into the car CD player

You ejaculate money? Um, while having sex with a CD player? STW is weird.

stretchtoo
    Free Member

Both my daughters fed stuff into our DVD player/Home Cinema thingie when they were small. Younger one destroyed the mechanism. Part of the joy of parenting, just wait until they’re teenagers and then take it out of their pocket money.

DezB
    Free Member

Just last weekend I showed my (now 12 year old) son the speakers I still use, bought back when he was crawling. Both speakers have the tweeter cones pushed in by his chubby little fingers… the day I bought them (and stupidly thought they looked nicer without the covers on).
    Still sound fine to me, so not bothered replacing!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Both speakers have the tweeter cones pushed in by his chubby little fingers…

Could they be sucked back in to place with a hoover?

techsmechs
    Free Member

No 50cent quips?

This isnt the place it used to be….

DezB
    Free Member

Could they be sucked back in to place with a hoover?

Maybe, but wouldn’t want to risk damaging them 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What speakers?

sandwicheater

What speakers?

The ones DezB was showing his son. I assume they don’t have a TV and that passes for fun in his house.

DezB
    Free Member

It was either that or counting the dandelions in the garden.

Er, they’re Eltax something or others.

donald
    Free Member

La plus sa change

Chapeau

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Coins in a CD player’ is closed to new replies.