Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Coil XC forks??
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Flame me if you like, but I don’t like air forks 🙂 Wondering if there’s any coil XC forks that are nice and don’t weigh a ton. 100mm would be peachy.

Not expecting them to exist/be manufactured these days, but it doesn’t hurt to ask – no such thing as a stupid question?

woody2000
    Yak

Manitou tower experts are coil with air assist. If you are light, you’ll have little or no air. Cheap on CRC too.

its 29er but I’d imagine there is a 26er too under a different name.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Probly should have mentioned 26″. I am a bit of a skinny dweeb 🙂 What are Manitou like these days? Is there a reason they’re cheap?

Yak

There was thread on Manitou recently. Consensus is that they are pretty good, but have a dodgy rep from the bad days a few years ago.

Maybe the drake? that may be a coil version of a minute. Not checked though.

mtbfix

Do Marzocchi still do the XC Pro? Heavy but buttery.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve got a pair (?) of coil xc 32’s.

they’re great: they’re well made, the damping is adequate, they’re stiff, reliable and robust.

they’re not light; my 29er versions weigh 2210 grams, which is an almost unbelievable amount for an ‘xc’ fork. but, that’s the price for steel stanchions and a steel spring.

danrandon
    Free Member

I had a set of recons which were very nice to ride on my old Canondale hardtail

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I have some Rockshox Recon Golds, £164 from Merlin. They weigh 1700g. I’m only light and they are excellent.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Older fox van 32 if you can find some that still work
    I still use some that have been pushed and despite being 10 years old they are still plush and stiff enough for me
    They work much better than my new fox 34 talas opps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Coil XC forks??’ is closed to new replies.