Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Coil shock question re. Compression dampping/propedal
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

I have a coil fox van r that feels harsh and uncompliant even though the spring should be correct for my weight and sag suggests this.
    I borrowed a rp23 off teetwosugars today and it felt great, this has propedal obviously and also a low compression tune. Small bump compliance was great and it seemed tos wallow every bump i could throw at it!!

Does that suggest that to get my coil shock to feel how i want it too that i need to have it fettled to reduce the high speed compression damping so that it can react quicker to small sharp obstacles?

jedi

ask simon@locotuning 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i will be doing just wanted to make sure i knew what i was talking about

mrplow
    Free Member

Something is off – what sag are you running? I have a Van R run at about 25% sag on a fsr and it is very nice indeed with no harshness.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

25-30%ish

feels like an RP23 with propedal on and set at number 2

mk1fan
    Free Member

i will be doing just wanted to make sure i knew what i was talking about

If you knew what you were talking about then you wouldn’t need to speak to Simon.

Call and ask an expert. To be fair I spoke to him last week about shocks and he was very clear and helpful. I’m sure he’ll be able explain options to you clearly.

mrplow
    Free Member

Depends what you are after cruz but mine feels like zero pro pedal/platform and is only unhappy with lazy sprinting out the saddle. Everything else is lovely.

Just for 5hits and giggles – What happens on the scientific drop test of lifting the back end a bit and dropping it? Mine has zero bounce and just sucks it up like a good un.

Sound like the damping is either harsh or broken in some way if you are at 25-30% sag.

retro83
    Free Member

how much preload?

fivespot
    Free Member

Send it to Kaesae, he will sort it 😀

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Lol

rob-jackson
    Free Member

retro – preload, minimal

rob-jackson
    Free Member

transpires that i don’t ride hard enough {blush:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Coil shock question re. Compression dampping/propedal’ is closed to new replies.